4 days and NO SUGAR (or alternatives)

Options
I just had my first baby in march and as soon as the dr. released me ( I mean literally the day of) I started dieting and exercising. 1200 (plus exercise) calories and at least a 30 min. workout everyday with maybe one or two day breaks per week. I've been sticking to my calorie goal very well, but have not been denying myself anything. If I eat chocolate I'll just work it off later. That sort of thing. I've lost 16 lbs since mid april. I wasn't really tempted, but didn't want to make a big deal counting calories. Anyways I decided to do a ten day no sugar diet (or alternatives) to clean out my system and maybe loose some weight a little faster. So i woke up this morning after doing it for 3 days straight and I actually GAINED a pound. Anyone have some wisdom on why? I was totally thinking i would loose, but i'm completely confused :-/

Replies

• EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    you may have had a saltier day yesterday, so maybe could be water weight.. If you drink more water than it will flush some of that out.. I have been watching more of my sodium more than anything and I think that has helped me dramatically with the up and down weight.. Either way it sounds like you are doing everything correctly, so just keep going.. I got really hammered the other night and I ransacked my house of food. Weighed myself the next day and I was 3 pounds heavier.. LOL! OOPS! I must've been a hungry girl.. It's not getting me down tho.. It's just all the water retentin from all the taco bell and everything.. it was awful.. I was out of control and like I said.. Hammered!

At least you know you didn't gain a pound of fat.. There's no way that could happen, right?
  • viadelorosa03
    Options
    no no way it's fat! I ate a subway sandwich last night at like 11. Thats probably it from the bread. Maybe because I ate late too. My husband is doing this with me and he ate with me too and woke up and was down like 2lbs. Agh men! lol
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I would also say sodium, or perhas hormones. I don't know if you are breastfeeding but if you aren't your monthly cycle could help you retain water as well. You sound like you are doing great - keep it up!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Guaranteed its the Subway I'm sure, their sandwiches are soo full of sodium! I always gain the day after I eat there, but it will go away. Just drink lots of water :bigsmile:
  • starlitkate
    starlitkate Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What do ya'll recommend as the best sandwhich from Subway? Used to be the whole foot for me but from now on it will be the 6 inch on the wheat bread or one of their sandwhiches.
  • viadelorosa03
    Options
    I always get turkey breast on wheat. Subway is my fav. place to eat even before dieting so I'm happy that I am able to indulge and still stay within my calorie goal. Hopefully It will be gone plus 2 after a couple of days. Thanks ladies, you guys rock!