Results from heavy lifting since January 2013

Options
RepsnSets
RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
I usually wear tshirts that cover my upper arm. Today I was stretching after a hard lifting session at the gym and my sleeve slipped up my arm to reveal this surprise (see profile pic) Raced home to take a photo LOL

Started lifting Jan 2 2013
Cal intake 1600-2000
Lost 4lbs since Jan 2nd
Know Ive lost a stack of inches.
Female!

I know my triceps need to slim out but its nice to see an actual bicep muscle for all the hard work Ive been putting in.

Replies

• zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! What program are you working? See any core area improvements yet? :)
  • RepsnSets
    Options
    Hey,

I was doing a linear programme 5x5x5x3x8 now Im on a three day split 5-8 reps. My personal trainer has set these programmes for me and I am so loving it.

I have noticed some changes in my core, have shrunk somewhat but still have a belly lol.....good things take time hehe
  • Amas77
    Amas77 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    nice!! great work so far!
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic :smile:
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    You get an A+ for your workouts and a D in photography. Yeah who cares about photography! LOL! Seriously good job!
  • RepsnSets
    Options
    You get an A+ for your workouts and a D in photography. Yeah who cares about photography! LOL! Seriously good job!

Haha, that is pure inexperience for you. Feels weird standing in front of the mirror trying to press the button with your thumb whilst striking a pose. I may as well of been doing a handstand at the same time hence why I only took one pic hehe
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I may as well of been doing a handstand at the same time hence why I only took one pic hehe

Now THAT would be worth a picture XDD

Good job btw ;)
  • RepsnSets
    Options
    I may as well of been doing a handstand at the same time hence why I only took one pic hehe

Now THAT would be worth a picture XDD

Good job btw ;)

Might add that into my progress pics in 12 months time lol
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • want2befitnthin
    want2befitnthin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I was doing a linear programme 5x5x5x3x8 now Im on a three day split 5-8 reps. My personal trainer has set these programmes for me and I am so loving it.

I have noticed some changes in my core, have shrunk somewhat but still have a belly lol.....good things take time hehe

Hi! Have you heard of "Body for Life"? By Bill Phillips. He has an amazing way of getting you fast results too.
    He does 12,10,8,6 then 12 reps again. You pick which type of excericse for what muscle. Say a bench press or arm curls, etc. You pick 3 diff. excercises for one muscle. Then you do same for crunches, 12,10,8,6, 12 again. You go lighter weights with less reps, and heavy weight with more reps. (I think, its been awhile since I read the book) :blushing:
    But I want to start it up again. Moreover, I hear so many women here on MFP about New Rules of Lifting for Women book, I want to get that one too.

But the Body For Life will get you changes and they have real before and after pics in the book.

Enjoy! And congrats, great job!
  • 1weights
    1weights Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • RepsnSets
    Options
    Hey,

Hi! Have you heard of "Body for Life"? By Bill Phillips. He has an amazing way of getting you fast results too.
    He does 12,10,8,6 then 12 reps again. You pick which type of excericse for what muscle. Say a bench press or arm curls, etc. You pick 3 diff. excercises for one muscle. Then you do same for crunches, 12,10,8,6, 12 again. You go lighter weights with less reps, and heavy weight with more reps. (I think, its been awhile since I read the book) :blushing:
    But I want to start it up again. Moreover, I hear so many women here on MFP about New Rules of Lifting for Women book, I want to get that one too.

But the Body For Life will get you changes and they have real before and after pics in the book.

Enjoy! And congrats, great job!

Thanks for your post.

I tried BFL threeish years ago only did the lifting programme and gained great results after 12 weeks. Then I fell off the wagon as I injured myself and did nothing much at all for a year and a half so all my hardwork turned to mush.

I agree it is a great prgramme especially for those that are starting out as its non complicated at all.

Just started a 3 day split prgramme this week. 5-8 reps. Loving it too :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!