Let's talk ZUMBA!!

Options
andyswoman
andyswoman Posts: 16 Member
I see the infomercial all the time for the Zumba dvd's and I think they look like tons of fun. Has anybody out there tried Zumba, and if so, did you see results from doing it??

Replies

• jennypenny133
    jennypenny133 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Zumba is addicting! I'm sure the dvds are great but nothing compares to going to a class with a great instructor. It takes a few times to learn the moves but after that it's so much fun. I've been going 3 to 4 days a week for about 2 months now. I've lost 27 pounds so far just from using mfp and doing zumba!
  • tiddlebit11
    tiddlebit11 Posts: 182
    Options
    Ive used both the dvds and the wii game...classes are great too but its also cheaper for the dvds and things so i guess tis up to you...but definitely a great way to work out! They change it up a lot so you dont get bored with repetitive steps...and you dont even notice youre working out! So fun!!
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I've never taken a class, but I watch Zumba videos on YouTube. VERY energetic! I can keep up for about 10-15 because I'm a bit out of shape, but it burns calories!
  • andyswoman
    andyswoman Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Zumba is addicting! I'm sure the dvds are great but nothing compares to going to a class with a great instructor. It takes a few times to learn the moves but after that it's so much fun. I've been going 3 to 4 days a week for about 2 months now. I've lost 27 pounds so far just from using mfp and doing zumba!

Wow! That is awesome!!! :)
  • dsylam1982
    dsylam1982 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do ZUMBA nearly everyday at home on DVD and I should hit my 40 lb down mark around April 1st since starting on January 6th of this year.........it will TEAR the fat off of you I promise! Its amazing! Just doing the DVD's at home, I have lost double the weight I could ever lose at the gym! Its worth it!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I love zumba. I take a class at my university oncea week.
    Def burns mad calories for an hour. I would suggest going on YouTube for zumba workouts. Cheaper! :)
  • MelissaSel
    MelissaSel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have a knee injury that prevents me from doing anything that is really weight bearing, besides walking. If it's not a lack of mobility, it's pain. I have wanted to be in shape enough to do Zumba, as it looks fun, but knew it was something I wouldn't be physically able to do. I recently started doing aqua zumba. I'm sure I don't look near as graceful because, well... it's just hard to dance in water! But it's a blast! I don't know how it compares to traditional Zumba in burning calories, but moving is moving!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I attend Zumba classes 3 times a week and I'm in love with it! A good instructor definitely makes a difference, but I bet the DVDs are great! Just make sure you keep your intensity level up and your core engaged :smile:.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options

THIS!

I am addicted to zumba! Classes are more structured so if you can go that route I would def suggest it! I too lost more than 20 pounds (23 at last weigh in) in 2 months just doing zumba and using MFP to track my food consumption! If you like to dance and have fun working out ZUMBA is the way to go! Good luck! :drinker:
  • riceyycake
    Options
    I bought 2 dvd's on ebay just to try it out, and it is SO much fun!! I do get a good workout and usually can't even finish the dvd or I have to stop and take a break. But I just joined a more intense class at my fitness center because I need results sooner. But I say go for it!
  • ltowne
    ltowne Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome! I go to classes about 2 times each week. The instructors are wonderful and a typical class runs about 150-200 people in a very large auditorium with jumbo screens and a stage. Average burn per hour is about 750 calories! A fun and great way to lose weight. I have never done the dvds, but can testify that the classes (if you have great instructors) are rewarding. I am 57 years old and can keep up with the younger girls...just takes a little practice (LOL). Had a recent lower back injury so taking a few weeks off. Good luck!
  • GinaNichole84
    GinaNichole84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I never thought to check my library for DVDs! Or even YouTube. Thanks for the suggestions! I was thinking about joining a gym for the dance classes, but free is better! :happy:
  • ChiNy28
    ChiNy28 Posts: 4
    Options
    I love love love Zumba...it's my workout of choice. I've taken the classes at my gym and also using my wii at home. It's lots of fun and burns a ton of calories! I lost 19 lbs since I started MFP on Feb 6th! I reached my first mini goal today...Super motivating!!! Keep up the great work everybody!
  • leotardbanshee
    leotardbanshee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i was a licensed instructor for a while. i love zumba so much, it's a great workout and a lot of fun! i love doing it more at a class because it's so fun and high energy :)
  • andreafischer1982
    andreafischer1982 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVDs and i really liked them it is fun and you don't feel that you get tired during the excercise. I think the DVD box is worth the money because if you have enough space you can easily train at home infront of your TV.
    I am also goging to a zumba class and it is great.

results:
    for example after zumba ripped i felt muscels i hadn't an idea they existed LOL
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I have bad knees (injuries) and just saw a Zumba Gold dvd collection on QVC this morning..........I'm tempted to buy it because I think it's less intense and I could probably do it............wondering now if my library has any of those..........
  • bridge1101
    bridge1101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba Core on wii and I love it. I've only been doing it for about a week so its too early for me to tell if its working, but i have fun..my heart rate is up and I sweat BUCKETS! so that must count for something.

Anyone seen results from doing Zumba on wii?
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA IS AWESOME!! I AM TAKING 2 CLASSES A WEEK AND STARTING NEXT WEEK THEY WILL BE OFFERING A ZUMBZA/KICKBOXING CLASS AND I'M GONNA BE TAKING THAT. I STARTED THEM IN NOVEMBER OF LAST YEAR AND RARELY MISS A CLASS. IT IS AWESOME. IT FEELS MORE LIKE DANCING THAN EXERCISE. YOUR GONNA LOVE IT!!!
  • andycet
    andycet Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've done a class for charity and my wife has done it a couple of times. I didn't feel it got my heart rate up to do any decent burn and my wife doesn't rate at all compared to other classes like body pump, body attack etc.
  • bordercolliemad2008
    bordercolliemad2008 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Always heard Zumba is great fun and just pulled my dusty Wii out from the cupboard and decided to make some use out of it and have ordered Zumba 2 for the Wii!

Hoping itll arrive shortly any one seen good results from the Wii Zumba ?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!