Just thinking it would be a way to lose weight
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Dialysis
  • FitGuyWillDoIt
    FitGuyWillDoIt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    By doing absolutely nothing. Your body does the job on its own.
    Yes it does! Most people don't realize this I think because they constantly overload their bodies with things that cause toxicity. The most obvious being alcohol, caffeine, artificial sweeteners, food color, preservatives, you get the idea. So step one is don't put garbage into your body. I saw a quote on someone's post that said something like, "You can't get a million dollar body when you eat from the dollar menu" and it seems to apply in this situation too.

Step two drink lots of water, which people have already noted. It gets rid of wastes and toxins and replenishes our bodies.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Calorie deficit is how you lose weight. You don't have pounds of toxins in your body making you fat.
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options

Quick fixes are never good sadly. Trust me you will gain the weight back and most likely gain even more than you lose. Weight loss has to be a lifestyle change to be maintainable unfortunately.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

You don't have pounds of toxins in your body

Whaaaaaa... I think that's BS. Most of us do, particularly smokers, ex-smokers, etc,.

Anyway OP, I wouldn't buy detox products but I wouldn't buy that you don't have toxins either. Exercise is a great way of giving back to your body and helping to rid of years of crap. Eat right, exercise and you'll be set.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    So step one is don't put garbage into your body.
    Step one is cut a hole in the box.

OP, if you are looking for a "boost" what about trying a new exercise routine? You could start lifting weights. Here is one resource: http://www.thenewrulesoflifting.com/nrol-for-women
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

caloric deficit

and SQUAT!!! among other things.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

caloric deficit

and SQUAT!!! among other things.
    yes.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    So step one is don't put garbage into your body.
    Step one is cut a hole in the box.

OP, if you are looking for a "boost" what about trying a new exercise routine? You could start lifting weights. Here is one resource: http://www.thenewrulesoflifting.com/nrol-for-women

Bingo.

Stronglifts is also awesome and there is a group on MFP that has tons of info for women!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend getting a functioning liver. Mine is quite damaged but it still gets the job done. Having a liver is a great way to detox your body.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    If your goal is nothing more than manipulating a number on a scale, there's all kinds of things you could do.

However, if your goal is to lose fat then you need a modest calorie deficit to accomplish that. Lifting heavy things or resistance training will minimize the amount of muscle that's inevitably lost along with the fat.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    When I started working out more and eating better I was pooping more regularly. So. That works.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mii0jviTaj1qz4rgp.gif
  • Eat2Win
    Eat2Win Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The reason why people get diseases such as colon cancer and the such is because of the buildup of toxins. The body won't eliminate
    it unless it has something to help it out, which would be fiber coming from fruits and veggies, grains and drinking lots of water. In addition to
    the subject of toxins, the subject of weight loss is in effect and excess of things like carbs and sugars turn into toxins and make us have growing "fat cells". To eliminate such as we are all either trying or maintaining, here's a link that helps answer a lot:
    http://kamaral.com/2009/10/10-tips-to-lose-love-handles/
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    The reason why people get diseases such as colon cancer and the such is because of the buildup of toxins. The body won't eliminate
    it unless it has something to help it out, which would be fiber coming from fruits and veggies, grains and drinking lots of water. In addition to
    the subject of toxins, the subject of weight loss is in effect and excess of things like carbs and sugars turn into toxins and make us have growing "fat cells". To eliminate such as we are all either trying or maintaining, here's a link that helps answer a lot:

You are so wrong it's frightening. People get diseases because the autoimmune system turns on itself. NOT because of a build up of toxins. Cells that should reproduce don't. Cells that shouldn't reproduce do.

Toxins have nothing to do with it. There is no medical documentation that states toxins cause cancer. Toxins of which are never named, by the way, by advocates of these approaches. Vague alarmist language is vague.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Fat is comprised of...toxins?

And colon cancer is the result of a build up of toxins?

I...

But...

I can't. I just can't.

- I wish you nothing but success in all your fitness and health goals. :flowerforyou: - ©2013

ETA: To be clear, I think you're wrong.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mii0jviTaj1qz4rgp.gif

This
  • erinpd
    erinpd Posts: 96
    Options

tumblr_m3p0udsaBD1r5prb1.gif
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    24 hour fast for increased HGH proteins.