Why is water ruining my workout?

Options
Whenever I am running on the treadmill I always have a bottle of water. But sometimes I wil try fill a water bottle with the filtered water from the refrigerator and my stomach and back will ache during the workout. Why is water in a different form making this happen? When its the regular Dasani water everything is fine. I dont know what type of filter it is, but the refrigerator is LG.

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    There could be a lot of reasons for this, I doubt it's the water though.
  • crazychrisc
    crazychrisc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The only time my stomach and backs aches during a workout is when I am drinking water from that refrigerator. It has to be the water. I just dont understand why this happens.
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I would highly doubt it is the water.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    OK, well for the next week.. don't drink water from that fridge... report back to us about how you feel. And let's say it IS the water, maybe it's time to replace the filter or whatever it uses to keep water clean
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I really doubt it's the water. Is it cold compared to what you normally have?
  • crazychrisc
    Options
    It is cold but so is the bottled water.
  • crazychrisc
    Options
    I dont currently drink water from the fridge because I had the problem. Everytime I did the aching would start. Also keep in mind that I'm only aching during the workouts.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    sounds like it's in your head.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Only buy European water. They have higher purity standards and other waters are full of GMOs that could easily put your life in danger.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options

Lol... agreed. And I think the other posters were saying the same... politely.

If you are worried its a specific water.. change the filter, like the other person said. Other wise, regardless, you'll need to switch waters, to really see if there is an actual problem with the water.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

This. It's likely that the first time you drank that water before/during a workout, you got the cramps. That was probably the only thing you could think of to "blame it on." A few years ago my whole body broke out in hives one weekend. The only two things that I did differently that weekend were that I took a new brand of vitamins and had an Italian wine. My husband is convinced it was the wine and I could be allergic to something in the soil there. I think it was the vitamins as my sister had a similar reaction to some pills due to the coating on them. Ultimately have had both again and never got the hives again. Take a break from the water and try it again later on once the idea is out of your head.
  • gwhizeh
    gwhizeh Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Bottled water typically isn't any better than tap water. But I wonder, what happens if you fill a bottle from a tap in the same house as the fridge? Same results or different? If it is in fact causing you discomfort from the fridge only, I would suspect something in the filter. The water bottle, or the line to the fridge.
  • we797
    we797 Posts: 8
    Options
    It's just psychological and nothing else. Most people adapt quickly to the conditions in which they achieve their first success. For example, I was not wearing my contact lenses the first few times I ran for an hour on the treadmill and now, i find that when i do not wear my contacts to run, i last longer than when i've got them, so I never wear them to run. If you, like me, can't beat the psychological effect, stick to whatever works best for you.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    if it hurts dont do it!! epic idea: Stop drinking water from the fridge! good luck!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Only buy European water. They have higher purity standards and other waters are full of GMOs that could easily put your life in danger.

^^
    2mnkdg0.gif