PLEASE HELP!!

Options
Is it okay to eat around 1,200 calories a day even with exercise to lose weight quickly or does your net need to be 1,200? Like if I burn 400 calories do I need to eat 1,600 or is 1,200 safe?

Replies

• mrsgeneric
    mrsgeneric Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Mine is set at 1200 and i do not eat back my exersize i have lost 10 pounds this month ( i weigh in tomorow) so it might be more of a loss. And i feel healthy and great with it. Everyone has a different opinion on it though i say just do what u feel is right for your body
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    The reality is that this depends completely on your size, age, weight and activity level. You need to be eating at least your BMR. It is very unlikely that having 1200 calories as your net is enough for you to be eating at your BMR.

My wife is 4'10'' and her BMR is 1408. Are you smaller then here? If not then you need to be eating more then her. Weight loss is not supposed to be fast it is supposed to be healthy.
  • justwanttobebarbie
    Options
    I'm 5'8. How can I find out my BMR?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Click on APPS up the top right and it has a BMR calculator.
  • justwanttobebarbie
    Options
    Thanks!
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I exercised too much and ate too little for a very long time...lost a ton of weight and gained it all back once I couldn't keep up my exercise routine. My body started to hold onto every bit of food I gave it and I ruined my metabolism. I would suggest making a modest reduction in calorie intake to help you keep it off long term.
    You need to find out your BMR and TDEE to determine calorie goal. BMR doesn't tell the whole story. Try this calculator:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • sharpdagger
    sharpdagger Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    ah...the debate continues...
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the same basic thing with eating below my calorie intake... And adding exercises which brings me under even more... I have lost 16 lbs in the 35 days I have been here on MFP