Want to lose weight faster... Need Help

Options
Hi Friends! I have been on MFP from last 75 days. My weight currently is 175lbs. I want to lose 45lbs. My calorie intake is 1374cals. Since I'm limited to my home, I follow some of the Denise Austin Cardio workouts and work out for around 25 to 30 min. All through the 75 days I have lost only 5 pounds and 2 inches. It has been hard to go beyond it. One more thing is the weight has been fluctuating between 175 and 176lbs. Please help me out to see the change.

Replies

• supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi, you should open up your diary so i can see what you are eating. You need to up your cardio, I try to get in 300 minutes a week. If you are only working out at home, you could buy a jumprope, or do crossfit type sessions..
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Try adding strength exercises. You could try 30 day shred on YouTube or you Are Your Own Gym body weight exercises.
  • asoumya8
    asoumya8 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks guys... Will do increase the time and try the 30 day shred
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    i do no more than 30mins of exercise each day, having one day. off each week. check out fitness blender.com loads of great exercises for free. log every single thing you eat and be honest. keep at it and it will come off.
  • meredithaloring
    meredithaloring Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You should definitely open up your diary so we can see the content of your meals. While cardio helps in many ways, diet is the KEY to weight loss, and all calories are not created equal. If you are eating simple carbs and spiking your blood sugar, you are burning less calories and storing more fat. Also, if you're eating that kind of food just before bed you aren't doing yourself any favors either.

Switching to plants and protein based meals will likely accelerate your weight-loss and just make you feel better.
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    bump for fitness blender .com
  • asoumya8
    asoumya8 Posts: 4
    Options
    You should definitely open up your diary so we can see the content of your meals. While cardio helps in many ways, diet is the KEY to weight loss, and all calories are not created equal. If you are eating simple carbs and spiking your blood sugar, you are burning less calories and storing more fat. Also, if you're eating that kind of food just before bed you aren't doing yourself any favors either.

Switching to plants and protein based meals will likely accelerate your weight-loss and just make you feel better.

SInce I'm a vegetarian and dont even eat eggs.... My protein intake is very less. Any suggestions for Protein intake for veggies
  • jjski88
    jjski88 Posts: 24
    Options
    If you are looking for sources of protein, below is a list I have for those who are vegetarians. If you try adding soy products, beans, peas, nuts and seeds into your diet it will increase your daily protein intake. Here is also a good website to help you out with your protein intake: http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.htm
    Good luck!

Processed Soy Products
    • tofu (bean curd made from soybeans)
    • veggie burgers
    • tempeh
    • texturized vegetable protein (TVP)

Beans and Peas
    • bean burgers
    • black beans
    • black-eyed peas
    • chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
    • falafel
    • kidney beans
    • lentils
    • lima beans (mature)
    • navy beans
    • pinto beans
    • soy beans
    • split peas
    • white beans

Nuts and Seeds
    • almonds
    • cashews
    • hazelnuts (filberts)
    • mixed nuts
    • peanuts
    • peanut butter
    • pecans
    • pistachios
    • pumpkin seeds
    • sesame seeds
    • sunflower seeds
    • walnuts
  • pinkperfume
    Options
    bump
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Soak some chickpeas and make hummus. Don't add salt for seasoning, just tahina, lemon juice, cumin, and garlic. It's filling and not much oil is required. Also try to find low sodium plain yogurt.