Quinoa

Options
LifeChanged2000
LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
How does everyone like to prepare their Quinoa? I tried it for the first time last week and added cream cheese and fruit preserves but would love suggestions on what else to use it in.

Thanks

Replies

• lrichelle
    lrichelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I make it for breakfast. Cooked quinoa with some PB and mashed banana. Add whatever milk you prefer (I use Almond) to thin it out a bit. It really fills you up!
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I put chopped tomato, olives, some chicken breast, cucumber, mix in some greek vinegarette the put in the fridge until cold. It is very yummy.
  • hockey247
    hockey247 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I put it in my rice cooker added some chicken broth and some onions and peppers-- a few spices to taste. It was fantastic.
  • lauriand
    lauriand Posts: 24
    Options
    Bump
  • MrsLg
    MrsLg Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I add peppers, onions, grilled tofu, and red curry sauce
  • circesfire
    Options
    Mmm, this sounds delicious!
  • vglikman
    vglikman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use it instead of rice in my ground turkey stuffed peppers. Here is the recipe. They are so delicious! I use part skim mozzarella instead of parm and I top it with a dollop of 0% fat plain greek yogurt! It's SOOOOOOOO good! Big hit in my house!:love:

http://www.food.com/recipe/healthy-quinoa-and-ground-turkey-stuffed-peppers-449167
  • Zuragh
    Zuragh Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've never had quinoa with sweet ingredients like mentioned above, may have to try that! I usually throw in various spices and then add canned tomatoes, or chopped veggies of sorts or its great with refried beans and salsa.