looking for pizza crust

Options
mtc5995
mtc5995 Posts: 44 Member
I'm looking for a simple pizza crust recipe for tonight. My little guys are extremely picky so simple is best. Any insight would be great. Thanks in advance.

Becky

Replies

• Abel721
    Abel721 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I tried this Pizza Crust this past weekend. I substituted the sugar for Truvia(Stevia) and came out pretty good. I should of tried to do two pizza crust so mine was a little thicker, but still good and the kids ate it.

http://www.tvshowupdate.com/dr-oz-dominos-pizza-cheat-recipe-secret-sauce-garlic-butter/

wt95pv.jpg
  • jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My sil makes a cauliflower pizza crust and says its really yummy.
  • Abel721
    Abel721 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My sil makes a cauliflower pizza crust and says its really yummy.

I wanna try that or the broccoli crust, but I'm not the best when it comes to cooking.
  • unit1409
    unit1409 Posts: 8
    Options
    I do mine the easy way. I cheat, I use Mission or La Banderita low carb tortilla wraps and it makes the perfect pizza base. I make one about every second week sometimes just for a treat and I can easily control my toppings.
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    What about english muffin pizzas? Those are yummy and probably kid friendly! :smile:
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a simple pizza crust recipe for tonight. My little guys are extremely picky so simple is best. Any insight would be great. Thanks in advance.

Becky

Here ya go...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/932057-cauliflower-crust-pizza

:bigsmile:
  • sardesc
    sardesc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I second the english muffin pizzas. I make these with my son for lunch (5). He loves making his pizzas his own way and they are lower in calories than traditional pizza dough and much faster.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've used biscuits rolled flat for pizza crust. They make nice kid sized pizzas.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I've made those recently. If you're expecting pizza crust, I personally didn't find it to taste like the real thing. It tasted like, well, like a fritatta to me. It was good, but not as crispy as pizza crust. A less eggier omelet, in my opinion.

I use two products: Chebe and (GF) Bisquick. The Chebe makes a thinner, drier crust. The Bisquick makes a breadier crust. I have to add a bit more xanthan gum to make it stick better, but it's not bad.

If gluten's not an issue, consider rolling out some pop-rolls found in the dairy aisle. Or English Muffins. :)
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
  • GwynnAlcorn_wechanged
    Options
    I found a recipe for pizza crust made out of ground almonds. The book is "Wheat Belly", a shocking (to me) book by Dr. William Davis, about how almost all food products have wheat in them, and the consequences of eating wheat result in "wheat belly" among many other things.

I recommend the book. It will really open your eyes as to why eating wheat products (carbohydrates) increases your desire to eat, or graze. Sure made me re-think my food intake. Didn't matter that I scrupulously adhered to my 1350 calories per day and my exercise. I wasn't losing weight, or if I did, I gained it back the next day when I had spaghetti or a beer.

Hope the book helps you. It has lots of great recipes to make food without wheat flour, or cornstarch, or tapioca starch, or any of the things we have been cooking with all our lives.

Gwynn
  • Nana82Much
    Nana82Much Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: