belly fat fighters?

Options
Anyone have any suggestions for exercises to battle belly flab?? I have a young child at home so sometimes it's hard but I need to get on it. I'm looking for something that I may not have thought of before that I can ease into my daily routine. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    push backs and turn downs are excellent ways to get rid of belly fat
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    push backs and turn downs are excellent ways to get rid of belly fat

Translation: A calorie deficit to lower total body fat. You cannot spot reduce the fat on your belly. You have to reduce your overall body fat and your stomach fat will eventually leave too. Usually it's one of the last to go, but it goes.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Are we talking sumo fighters? I love sumo fighters!!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    To add onto the above... if your middle is where most of your fat sits, you'll start to notice it shrinking as you go through with this deficit/work out routine. My waistline was the second to slim, face being first. Now I'm just waiting on arms and hips. :embarassed:
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Spread out your meals.
    Do core exercises 2-3x a week and cardio 3-6x a week.
    Core exercises: planks, air bike, Russian twists, scissor kicks, v ups.
    You gotta lower your body fat.
    Try avocados, cacao, almonds, eggs, and green tea.

I'm here for you if you need help. I'm trying to rid of flabs to get my abs to show.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Spread out your meals.
    Do core exercises 2-3x a week and cardio 3-6x a week.
    Core exercises: planks, air bike, Russian twists, scissor kicks, v ups.
    You gotta lower your body fat.
    Try avocados, cacao, almonds, eggs, and green tea.

I'm here for you if you need help. I'm trying to rid of flabs to get my abs to show.

the portion of this post that's useful for getting rid of belly fat is in bold
  • jjski88
    jjski88 Posts: 24
    Options
    I agree with what everyone has said. You cannot specifically target the belly fat, you have to adjust your daily lifestyle to see the results you are looking for. Healthy eating + increased physical activity = reduced waistline.

Find activities that you can do with your child that will get you moving and have fun. Here are some fun exercises you can do with your child that will get your heart rate going and be fun for the child.

Examples:
    - reverse push-ups: lay on your back and while holding the child push them up and down (this will be fun for them and active for you, just make sure it's not right after they eat); repeat until exhaustion.
    - squats: holding your child out in front of you or in your arms, bend down at your knees, bringing the child to the floor and then extend up bringing the child up to the ceiling (make sure there is clearance at the ceiling); repeat until exhaustion
    - crunches: lying on your back with knees bent at 45 degrees, hold child close to your chest and lift your shoulders off the ground; repeat until exhaustion.

These are just a few examples, but include exercises that will be active for you and interactive for your child.
  • succubaeangel
    Options
    Spot reduction is not possible but core exercises can make the belly look a bit firmer. I've had better results with belly fat with Insanity (but lol, I have to say that I saw results with ALL of my bodyfat) and Zumba.

Anyway. Eat less, work out more, don't overdo it. :)
  • Jessicalg1981
    Jessicalg1981 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone has said. You cannot specifically target the belly fat, you have to adjust your daily lifestyle to see the results you are looking for. Healthy eating + increased physical activity = reduced waistline.

Find activities that you can do with your child that will get you moving and have fun. Here are some fun exercises you can do with your child that will get your heart rate going and be fun for the child.

Examples:
    - reverse push-ups: lay on your back and while holding the child push them up and down (this will be fun for them and active for you, just make sure it's not right after they eat); repeat until exhaustion.
    - squats: holding your child out in front of you or in your arms, bend down at your knees, bringing the child to the floor and then extend up bringing the child up to the ceiling (make sure there is clearance at the ceiling); repeat until exhaustion
    - crunches: lying on your back with knees bent at 45 degrees, hold child close to your chest and lift your shoulders off the ground; repeat until exhaustion.

These are just a few examples, but include exercises that will be active for you and interactive for your child.

Very helpful! Thank you! I have been watching calories (carbs, sodium, protein, etc.) for a long time now and working out a little bit (usually just cardio) but after 2 kids I just have such a ways to go in that area. I've gone down 4 pant sizes since I started this journey but I'd really like to tone up now. Besides P90X I've never done any exercise besides treadmill. I would do P90X again but I have an 18 mo old that is under-foot a lot. I don't want to kick her in the face during Kenpo X lol. Plus she gets fussy when I'm not paying attention to her during that hour and eventually breaks down into tears and I have to stop to deal with her. Thanks for all the suggestions!