need a girl friend

Options

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    im not asking for a date...it CLEARLY says i have a boyfriend..

I don't discriminate based on something silly like gender.

Gender means nothing

Well...unless you want to procreate or something minor like that, lol.

Otherwise, you're right...gender's pretty irrelevant =p.

That can actually be worked out too...people can get around gender

Sorry miss, neither two women, nor two men...can procreate without the help of someone from the opposing gender, lol.

It's physically impossible.

This should pretty much be the end of that line of commentary.

You are mistaking sex for gender. There is a difference.

THANK YOU!!!

Actually...go back and read. You two are pretty clearly the ones mistaking sex for gender. I never said anything about sex...period. Since however...you can't answer my question without adding conditions to the plain yes or no I asked you for...my point is made. You cannot procreate without the help of someone of the opposite gender, period. Cut and dry.

If you care to discuss sex...that's another subject. But on those same lines, any same gender sexual activity is by nature purely recreational.

:)

A person is generally born with one set of genitalia, which usually matches their chromosomes. This determines their sex. However, this does not necessarily match their gender - aka, whether they feel they are a man or a woman (or neither). Some men are born with a uterus (like myself), and some women with a penis; therefore, depending on their genital configurations, two men or two women can in fact procreate.

This.
    Also, haven't you ever wondered what the difference is between transgender and transsexual?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Gender means nothing

Sorry miss, neither two women, nor two men...can procreate without the help of someone from the opposing gender, lol.

THANK YOU!!!

Actually...go back and read. You two are pretty clearly the ones mistaking sex for gender. I never said anything about sex...period. Since however...you can't answer my question without adding conditions to the plain yes or no I asked you for...my point is made. You cannot procreate without the help of someone of the opposite gender, period. Cut and dry.

If you care to discuss sex...that's another subject. But on those same lines, any same gender sexual activity is by nature purely recreational.

Incorrect. I cannot procreate without the help of someone of the opposite sex. Sex is biological. Gender is societal.

Ohhhh!

If you say so cupcake :).

Its always interesting to see into other people's realities. Its truly amazing to see how many twists and turns they make...how many words they'll manipulate in order to justify whatever belief system they hold to.

The same goes for the above post by littlebudgie.

For the record...it doesn't make any difference to me what you do or don't do...as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. I just think its funny how entire definitions have been rewritten in order to fit YOUR (plural) reality...and the rest of us are just expected to subscribe to it.

Sorry...I'm just not interested.

So...for the sake of clarification...for me, like most of the rest of the world...male (gender) equals man (sex). And amazingly enough...it follows that female (gender) equals woman (sex).

Strange how things make such clear sense from that perspective.
  • Trechechus
    Options

Gender means nothing

THANK YOU!!!

Incorrect. I cannot procreate without the help of someone of the opposite sex. Sex is biological. Gender is societal.

Ohhhh!

Its always interesting to see into other people's realities. Its truly amazing to see how many twists and turns they make...how many words they'll manipulate in order to justify whatever belief system they hold to.

For the record...it doesn't make any difference to me what you do or don't do...as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. I just think its funny how entire definitions have been rewritten in order to fit YOUR (plural) reality...and the rest of us are just expected to subscribe to it.

So...for the sake of clarification...for me, like most of the rest of the world...male (gender) equals man (sex). And amazingly enough...it follows that female (gender) equals woman (sex).

Not sure what "world" you are referring to, but on the planet Earth gender and sex are not the same.

"Sex refers to the biological and physiological characteristics, while gender refers to behaviors, roles, expectations, and activities in society.

Sex refers to male or female, while gender refers to masculine or feminine."

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/232363.php
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh!

Mmm cupcakes. I hope they're chocolate.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Mini-Gender-Changer-Adapter-15-Pins-Female-to-15-Pins-Female.jpg

There, problem solved.

Everyone happy now? :)
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options

Gender means nothing

THANK YOU!!!

Ohhhh!

Given that the WHO, the Canadian healthcare system, and the Canadian government agree with my ~reality (among numerous other major health and legal organizations), I'm fine with sticking with it, thanks.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options

Gender means nothing

THANK YOU!!!

Ohhhh!

Your ignorance on a topic is not a superpower. It can't change the definition of words with a single bound, or shape a global conversation faster than a speeding bullet, or make your argument on a forum stronger than a locomotive. It just makes you ignorant. You might want to address that.
  • Trechechus
    Options

Gender means nothing

THANK YOU!!!

Ohhhh!

Your ignorance on a topic is not a superpower. It can't change the definition of words with a single bound, or shape a global conversation faster than a speeding bullet, or make your argument on a forum stronger than a locomotive. It just makes you ignorant. You might want to address that.

Thank you.

Perhaps acquainting yourself with current issues would be a good place to start.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Oh my
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    And i need a boyfriend ...oh well can't have every thing
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    How good are u at making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches haha...
  • ellygolightly
    Options
    okay.this is just ridiculous..its spiraled into craziness..

lol welcome to the internet!
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    okay.this is just ridiculous..its spiraled into craziness..let me rephrase
    i am looking for girl chat because my boyfriend is on overnights and im bored out of my mind..and for the record i dont care if you are gay straight bisexual transgender whatever...

GIRL CHAT..IM BORED AND HAVE A BOYFRIEND

e31.jpg
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Gender means nothing

And yet they don't actually have to have physical contact with the opposing gender either

Uhhh...even opposite GENDERS can NOT have kids together...BUT opposite Sexes may. Can't put a "finger" on gender sometimes...but sex is usually clear cut, unless somebody been to a "Plumber" and messed with the "pipes".

Any way, hope it works out for you OP...the KIDS here can get outta hand sometimes in their effort to try and be "cute", sarcastic, funny and/or obnoxious.
  • jakeVScalories
    jakeVScalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    did this chick ever get a girl thats a friend to chat with?
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options

Gender means nothing

And yet they don't actually have to have physical contact with the opposing gender either

Do you as a woman, need a male in order to procreate? Yes or no.

What about hermaphrodites? Two of them could procreate and be of the same gender, or lack there of.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    did this chick ever get a girl thats a friend to chat with?
    LOL:laugh:
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Methinks you need to look into the difference between "gender" and "sex." Two people of the same sex cannot procreate, but two people of the same gender definitely can.

tumblr_inline_mjvzr2MBqZ1qz4rgp.gif

Edited to add: And I see now that in the time it took me to reply to this thread that others have more eloquently and thoroughly explained this than I have. Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Gender means nothing

THANK YOU!!!

Ohhhh!

Thank you.

Perhaps acquainting yourself with current issues would be a good place to start.

I stand corrected (by your literal definition)! However...the point I was obviously making was no less accurate...and you might call it ignorance...but my point stands. In normal discussion, outside of your 'ultra aware' circles...someones 'gender' and their 'sex' are typically (clearly incorrectly...please don't shoot!) equated. You guys put me in mind of the group here on MFP that's determined to pound into everyone's head that 1lb of fat equals 1lb of muscle...every time someone says muscle weighs more than fat. It takes a special brand of narrow mindedness to ignore the obvious implications, and go for the throat on a minute detail in order to be 'correct'.

So..I guess I'll just remain content in my ignorance (I mean isn't it absolutely obvious I don't have an ounce of brain matter in my head??...or, wait...maybe this whole line of commentary was a stick in a hornets nest? Hmm...)...knowing that my initial point...which was clearly meant to be humorous in nature...was completely valid.
  • jlorscheider
    Options
    Hey Hey lady :)
This discussion has been closed.