Insanity 3/1/2013

Options

Replies

• wilki089
    wilki089 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me how long the videos are? I have done the 1st 2 but I will be getting up waay before the crack of dawn to do the workouts during the week and need to make sure I am allowing the right amount of time.
  • wendyco
    wendyco Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey most videos of the first 30 days range between 38-44 minutes...but that's with the two minutes of ads (1 minutes b4 and one minute after or so)....overall the average I'd say is 40 minutes of workout...the second half if you decide to do the max intervals are like 55 minutes...lol
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    Hey most videos of the first 30 days range between 38-44 minutes...but that's with the two minutes of ads (1 minutes b4 and one minute after or so)....overall the average I'd say is 40 minutes of workout...the second half if you decide to do the max intervals are like 55 minutes...lol
    I can't wait till I get to the Max Interval workouts. I'm starting week 2 of cycle one, so I still have a ways to go.
  • wendyco
    Options
    Day 13 :) tomorrow is rest day...but today is first day of abs :) yay ...I hope I feel a burn tomorrow ;D
  • wilki089
    wilki089 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get that far I am on day 6. Glad tomorrow is my day off. My legs are on fire!! And I maintain that burpees are the devil!!!:devil:
  • wendyco
    Options
    burpees are horrible..I'm on day 16 now....I forget what the workout is for today, but yesterday's results of the fit test were an improvement :)
  • wendyco
    Options
    I got behind again lol I'll have to switch out my rest days...so I guess today is day 16 :P
  • wendyco
    Options
    day 22...get it!
  • TiffCK
    TiffCK Posts: 37
    Options
    Well I finally got it and I am on day 4. Sooo hard, sooo sore, but I don't start things and not finish them. I'm excited.
  • wendyco
    Options
    I love this workout! :) I'm sure you'll love it! It's the best thing ever!

I just doubled up today so I'd be caught up :D
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I started last Thursday -- I love insanity. I've done the program before and had great results while I was following the nutrition plan -- working on following the basic idea of the nutrition plan this time too so I get great results again.
  • Caligali1
    Options
    Started Saturday and my knee hurt a lot yesterday. I know it is great to lose weight, but some things I can not do because of the knee pain or shoulder. I have a dislocated right shoulder that is painful everyday, and way way worse when I do INSANITY. I have to modify in order to work out. I really want to stick with it past ten days. I have yet to do that and have started and stopped a lot. I want to finish really badly. I'm going to try harder this time.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I ordered it from ebay a week ago and got scammed. I have to wait for them to give me my money back. I wish it was coming because I would join you! Unfortunatly, I can't make myself pay $130+ for it. Darn. I really want it! ANyone know where I can buy it cheaply and not get scammed? :)

There are a lot of pirated copies out there. Think you'll have to go to Amazon or BB I'm afraid.
  • wendyco
    Options
    I ordered it from ebay a week ago and got scammed. I have to wait for them to give me my money back. I wish it was coming because I would join you! Unfortunatly, I can't make myself pay $130+ for it. Darn. I really want it! ANyone know where I can buy it cheaply and not get scammed? :)

There are a lot of pirated copies out there. Think you'll have to go to Amazon or BB I'm afraid.

Thanks for replying to this! I totally don't see this comment! -_- I totally got it off a friend via a torrent... :) Hoping for asylum to get it as a gift form friends :P
  • wendyco
    Options
    I started last Thursday -- I love insanity. I've done the program before and had great results while I was following the nutrition plan -- working on following the basic idea of the nutrition plan this time too so I get great results again.

I don't follow the nutrition plan...too problematic for me..I tried doing 40/40/20 carbs protein fat breakdown ...but Im usually around 50/30/20 ....I still always try to stay within calories though ...even on "cheat" days
  • wendyco
    Options
    Started Saturday and my knee hurt a lot yesterday. I know it is great to lose weight, but some things I can not do because of the knee pain or shoulder. I have a dislocated right shoulder that is painful everyday, and way way worse when I do INSANITY. I have to modify in order to work out. I really want to stick with it past ten days. I have yet to do that and have started and stopped a lot. I want to finish really badly. I'm going to try harder this time.

What I like about insanity is that it's YOUR workout....long as you're keeping your heartrate up and you are making sure to "work" those muscles (not just doing the moves for the sake of doing them...trust me there is a difference between just doing a squat...and DOING A SQUAT!) you'll be fine... so MODIFY MODIFY MODIFY! do what you gotta do n get it done girl! I know u can! just don't kill yourself over it...instead of doing push ups do some other whole body move that emphasizes the core or do a one handed knee push up or wall assisted "push up"

:)
  • wendyco
    Options
    SOOO If ANYONE is reading this....question:

How do you do your double workout days? ie. cardio abs & pure cardio ...or for month two peeps...fit test and workout of the day?
  • ethibodaux
    Options
    Ok, i have been looking and looking for a good at home routine. Has anyone compared this to P90X?
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Lots of posts on this if you do a search n,aim points are;

p90x workouts can be longer, P90x uses more equipment
    P90x is more about strength training whereas Insanity is more cardio

Take a look,at YouTube clips too. Both instructors have big personalities. Check that either one isn't going to drive your nuts. From what I've read, more people get wound up by To y Horton though

Sean T is bringing out a 25 minute plan in the summer too. He seems more like he is in hip hop,abs rather than the more boot amp style trainer that he is in insanity , from what i can see from the trailor
  • ethibodaux
    Options
    Thanks so much for the info! Sounds like i would binefit from alternating the two..... hummmmmmm