No African dishes here

Options
Am from South Africa and most of our dishes are not here,im strugling to know how many calories i consume mostly

Replies

• MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    If you're cooking the dishes yourself, you are best off creating a recipe which you do by going to Recipes under the Food tab. Just weigh all the ingredients you would normally use for the dish and search those in the database (e.g. onions, raw) and then work out how many servings your recipe makes and enter that. Once you've saved the recipe you can then put 1 serving of it in your diary for the day.

It sounds horribly complicated but actually pretty easy - I add recipes for my most often cooked food as I go along. Just be sure not to tick the option to add it to the database for all members though as homemade recipes only mean something to you :smile:
  • bsmith404
    bsmith404 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am Puerto Rican and I see Arroz con gandules on here but everyone cooks it differently so I always input it into recipes. It's worth the time especially if it's a dish you cook regularly and usually the same way. Take a day and input your dishes into the recipes tab.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you get to be an MFP entrepreneur.

Start logging in recipes.

:smile:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you get to be an MFP entrepreneur.

Start logging in recipes.

:smile:

I log all my Hatian dishes.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Am from South Africa and most of our dishes are not here,im strugling to know how many calories i consume mostly

Yeah most Asian dishes are not in the system either. I just try to add the dishes as I find out the calories, macros for them but its tiring work. You can always google the dish for its calories and quick add them. Its not ideal thing but just a way
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Add fufu, it's my fav to eat with African!
  • Moiraza
    Moiraza Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Check out "corn", "corn meal" for maize products. What other specifics are you battling with? Perhaps we can help?
  • Matholo425
    Matholo425 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Check out "corn", "corn meal" for maize products. What other specifics are you battling with? Perhaps we can help?
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Add fufu, it's my fav to eat with African!

Yessss!