Not Burning calories weight lifting

Options
Why is it when I enter my weight exercise it doesn't so how many calories I've burned?
Do you not burn calories weight lifting?:frown:

Replies

• microtanya
    microtanya Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You have to enter it under the Cardiovascular section, search for Strength Training and enter the time. It doesn't calculate for individual strenght training exercises.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    It's best to wear a HRM during this.. weight lifting really doesn't burn a lot of calories, it burns more fat. I do 1 hour of body pump 1-2 times a week and only burn 250-350 cals.
  • Andieb102
    Options
    Exactly you burn calories, no matter how small the amount it seems like this website completely disregarded the effort involved. I don't do cadrio other than for warm up, and I lose more weight with weight lifting than I do with cardio... Something should be done about this.
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Exactly you burn calories, no matter how small the amount it seems like this website completely disregarded the effort involved. I don't do cadrio other than for warm up, and I lose more weight with weight lifting than I do with cardio... Something should be done about this.

There's an option in cardio if you search 'strength', it's there.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    With the most extreme effort I am "biting my keyboard" in an attempt to remain civil.

Because
    A) physical response to weight training is so individual,
    B) there are so many variables involved in strength training routines and
    C) much of the caloric expenditure that occurs from weight training occurs AFTER the session itself and is cannot be measured or quantified

there is no way to develop a calculator for a site like MFP.

HRMs are useless as well. See http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/hrms-cannot-count-calories-during-strength-training-17698 for additional information.