How far can you drive after your fuel light turns on?

Options
2009 Nissan tiida

Replies

• vkw1
    vkw1 Posts: 88
    Options
    no idea, never tried it!
  • RoadToHappiness92
    Options
    Bump
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    About 20 miles that's in my Toyota Tacoma...
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Around 12 miles in my Mini One...I'm never doing that again!
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Omg lol Im soooo bad at that, I usually can drive a far bit till I remember to fill up.....just dont tell my husband he would spew!!!
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Depends on how fast you're going etc.

I'd reckon 50 miles.

Best try it with a can of fuel in the back then you'll know!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I used to drive with my car on "E" all the time and never once ran out of gas. The manufacturers seem to set them to say "E", or have an idiot light come one, when we really have a couple of gallons left.
  • angelnectar69
    Options
    Usuall they are set for about 20 miles. Good Luck!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't drive with your car on "E" too often, it will go into starvation mode.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    It's surprisingly far - yesterday I drove for 40 kilometres at 100kph with my fuel light on (I've got a Mazda3) before I chickened out and refuelled. The most economical speed to travel (according to Top Gear) is 50kph (30mph) so you'll get even further at that speed.
  • hevhoyda
    hevhoyda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've never ran completely out but in my Jeep Wrangler I'd guess about 20 miles
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    well, gas here is 45 cents per gallon (you read it right) so my suburban is pretty much always full. I sometimes fill up my gas tank, drive around the block and get it refilled again because I LOVE the gas prices here
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    well, gas here is 45 cents per gallon (you read it right) so my suburban is pretty much always full. I sometimes fill up my gas tank, drive around the block and get it refilled again because I LOVE the gas prices here
    where do you live??
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Mine comes on with 5 gallons left, so we can go about 77 miles at that point.