Days off

Options
Hi, I am just curious, how often if any days off per week do you typically take from exercising? Do you go everyday? Either way , what has been the benefits of either? I usually do 4-5 days per week but am considering changing that up some and just wanna see what others are doing.

Replies

• jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I try to go to the gym about four times a week, but i'm not rigorous with when i go; i need to be in the mood, so i always take my gym stuff to work with me, as they gym is on the way home, and if the mood takes me, then i'll go. If not, i'll have a break, and make sure i go the next day. I have found that the gym has helped me immensly, not just losing weight, but also whilst i'm at the gym i'm not at home stuffing my face with crisps and biscuits!
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Everyday used to be a day off for me. Boy was I lazy...

Recently though, I do 5/6 days in the gym (30min weight sessions only) and don't do anything on Sunday.
    Walk 60mins to work 5 times a week.

That does me!
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    I usually do 4 days a week 60 minutes cardio at the gym and I strength train at home 3-4 days a week. I try to do the same days but yesterday I didnt make it to the gym but I was able to get my arm workout in. When I don't do something I feel angry the next day lol but I am learning to actually try to rest a day or two. I still maintain my calorie goals on those off days.
  • stephurban
    stephurban Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I workout everyday.... It puts me in a good mood and I feel lazy and run down if I even think about taking a day off haha
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I work out 4 days a week and take 3 days off, I have recently started doing Zumba at home on the Wii for a 5th day but I don't always fit it in. I only go to the gym on days that I work and that's simply because the gym at work is free. :wink:
  • unit1409
    unit1409 Posts: 8
    Options
    Everyday. I feel like I'm cheating if I don't do at least 30 min of exercise a day. I also bike (weather permitting) 8-10 miles a day and sometimes 15 miles a day. I force myself on some days but I always feel wonderful when I finish.