wearing hrm / calculate TDEE etc

Options
If I wear my HRM for a whole normal day and calculate the calories used, is this my TDEE or does it not take into account body's chemical use of calories? What would I be able to work out from it? And would I need to wear it at night too?

Any simple explanation for these calculations?

Looking to find out what calories I need for a normal day etc :) thanks!

Replies

• pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    i'm interested in this too....hope you get some more replies.
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I sent you a message direct hope it helps :flowerforyou:
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Any of these calculations(HRM, Fitbit, etc) are approximations, based on formulas, and should only be used as guides. If you want the accurate measurements - you need to get it done in a lab (and pay a fair amount of money).

I don't think this need to be that complicated - if you make it that complicated - you probably need a professional coach at the professional athlete level.
  • writetomab
    writetomab Posts: 226
    Options
    There are plenty of online tools and calculators that can estimate your Basal Metabolic Rate and factor in your activity levels. You can try this one:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/tools/bmr-and-daily-calorie-calculator.html

Once you know your daily expenditure if your goal is to lose weight then just reduce this by 500 cals to create a deficit.

Hope this helps.
  • bitterbrownie
    Options
    thanks all!!
  • mikemcd22
    mikemcd22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of online tools and calculators that can estimate your Basal Metabolic Rate and factor in your activity levels. You can try this one:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/tools/bmr-and-daily-calorie-calculator.html

snip

To further this thread I wonder if someone can answer this question. Does a HRM consider the Cals you would have burned normally (standing still)? If not shouldn't I subtract ~80 cals/hr (1900/day) from all HRM calculations?