'The Pill' - is it water weight, increased hunger or what?

Options
**Does the pill make you gain weight or does it just make you eat more?**

There is a big difference!

I have been on Cerazette (mini pill) for 4 weeks and in the last week i have seen a 3lb gain when I am currently meant to be losing weight!

I know its not because ive eaten more because im using MFP to record my calories.
So is it water?
What the fricking hell is going on!!!!!

Lol sorry for the rant but cant find the answer on line...

Replies

• jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I had to change my pill because it was making me constantly bloated and i just felt just awful, actually felt better when i was on my period, because i was actually less bloated! I don't know if i actually gained weight because of if, but i certainly felt like it! The minute i got taken off it, i felt so much better.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is all about hormones....you are adding hormones to your body so naturally its going to throw you off. How, exactly, I can't say. But it's a side effect that is common in many (if not most) forms of BC. I just use the pull-and-pray method now...my body doesn't need any added hormones apart from what it may already get in food. :/
  • like_milk
    like_milk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    When I went on Cerazette I gained 4-5lbs in bloat/water! It eventually settled but it was weird, I blew up like a balloon almost overnight and stayed like that for months.
  • kamiAK
    kamiAK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    stop taking the pill
  • natzkj
    natzkj Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am on that pill too i have been since may last year. I have put 2lb on since being on that pill i was told that its not that the pill makes you put weight on but your appetite increases and to eat fruit or veg (but when you eat the same amount of calories daily, makes you wonder if it does). But i have now stopped putting weight on but seem to stay where i am :/
  • sazroy
    sazroy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I've recently gone off the pill, after struggling with weight most of my life, and being on the pill since I was 16 (now I'm 23), it doesn't seem to matter how hard I try weightloss is very difficult, eating a few meals that are 500cal will make me gain weight and it's not water weight! It's weight that I have to work very hard at to lose again. Basically, the pill makes your body believes it's pregnant, it turns you into a storer not a burner. I'm hoping going off the pill will stop me "storing". Even though I'm not eating much more, I store it all. Normal people with normal metabolisms don't work like this, they eat one bad meal, continue on eating well and the meal acts as water weight and disappears after a few days. If you body believes it is pregnant, why would it burn any fuel you give it?
  • sazroy
    sazroy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Also! The pill plays with your testosterone levels, and can permanently damage it in alot of women resulting in the need for testosterone pills etc. Testosterone is vital for energy, libido and weight loss.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I was on Ovranette (combined pill) and it made me hungry constantly! I am on Cerazette now and have had a 2lb gain in a week so it must be water? I don't mind gaining a couple x