5'3" women how much do you eat?exercise?

Options
Hi, I'm just curious what other women around my height are doing to lose, I'm also 25. I'm 5'3', exercise 4-5days a week from 30mins to an hour with strenght and cardio. Eat 1300-1450 a day (I eat around 1600-1700 one day a week). Lose about a pound a week, the past two weeks anyway. Before that I was eating 1600-1800 and not losing. What is working for you and what hasn't worked?

Replies

• Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Im 5 1 and eat 1400 on rest days and 1700 on exercise days. I also exercise about 3 days a week.
  • startheory
    Options
    I'm 33, 5'3 and just started the 1200 calorie a day diet. I'm on week 2 with a 2 lb weight loss. For me this is working.. I tried 1300 and lost nothing for a month straight. Anything 1300 or higher just does nothing- I'm not sure if its cause I don't have a lot to lose (total of 13 more pounds left to get to goal) but its frustrating. I work out about 3 to 4 times a week for generally 30 minutes.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"4 and I probably exercise 4-5 times a week for an hour.

I eat about 1500-1600/day but am increasing it to around 1700-1800/day as I woke up last night due to hunger.
  • lovemylightning
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 36 years old. I have had my calorie goal set to 1375 for the last month and a half. Prior to that, I did 1200 for a month and a half and saw no results. Now I have lost 4 pounds. But I find that to be kind of pathetic for almost 3 full months of calorie counting and exercise. However, I'm not complaining too much, because at least I am losing and not gaining!

I exercise 3-4 days a week, for 60-120 minutes. I do both weight training and cardio nearly every time. On days that I exercise, I try to eat back about half of my exercise calories.
  • wannatangle
    wannatangle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 48 years old. I started at 1200 but that wasn't working. I stalled and the scale started to go upward. I upped my calories to 1400 and I eat some, not all, of my exercise calories back. I don't have a lot to lose so it is a slow process but I am pleased with my weight loss at 1400 calories. On exercise days I usually eat closer to 1600.

Editing to add that I exercise probably five times a week for at least an hour (cardio either walking/running, Zumba class, Body Pump, or an elliptical of some sort) plus I have been using the weight machines at the Y for a few weeks (three times per week). The weight loss did seem to magnify when I started to lift on the weight machines.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    5'3" here and just changed my calories from 1,900 to 1,700. Turns out 1,900 is my maintenance. Been maintaining around 140 pounds for almost 2 months. Want to get to 130! I strength train 3x a week and dance twice a week and take classes here and there when my work schedule allows it.

ETA: I eat back exercise calories too.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    5'3'' weight 146
    I am cutting and eating 2000 calories a day.

I lift weights 3x a week (on a good week..) and Jiu Jitsu 2x a week. I do not do cardio but I do keep active every day and wear a fitbit (which usually tells me I walk around 7 miles a day).
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and I exercise everyday. Anywhere from an hour to two hours depending what day it is. I eat 1600
  • DivaLuvsDisney
    DivaLuvsDisney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    36yo 5'4" and 121.2 pounds. I eat 1700 calories a day. I don't do much cardio - 1 hour of yoga and 90 minutes of Les Mills BodyFlow a week. I was lifting 3 times a week, but started Jamie Eason's LiveFit program this week which will change things up for 12 weeks. I'm 1.2 pounds from goal and plan to start bulking and cutting once I hit it.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I am 5'2" and maintaining for 7 months at 100 lbs. I am very small so this is the correct weight for me. I exercise every day and eat back my calories. I have a maintenance calories at apx 1100 so with exercise I can eat 1300-1500/day depending on the amount of exercise.
    This is NOT a lot of food!! I do weigh and log everyday so I don't go over. When I go out and "indulge) - I get right on track the next day. The scale will show a 1-3 lb increase for a few days but... I keep working on it until I am back to my "fighting" weight!!

This is a lifelong thing.
  • SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and a bit and I'm on 1500 calories a day it did suggest 1200 but I couldn't maintain that. I do a Bootcamp (strength and Cardio training) 2/3 times a week and walk everyday and run 1/2 a week. On the training days I generally go up to 1900 calories I'm not trying to lose much though only another 5lbs max I really joined this so I could see how many calories I was eating a day I lost 2lb over 3 weeks. I think you have find your maintenance level, I always aim to NEVER go over 2100 calories, with or without exercise.
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and eat 1800 calories and excercise 6 times a week ranging from 30 mins-50 mins.
  • Callalili
    Callalili Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", eat around 1780 cal/day, sometimes more. I just completed Insanity and am doing Chalean Extreme now, with a little extra so I can keep eating at my Insanity/P90X levels.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Whoa I'm the same as you - weird.

I'm turning 25 in 2 months, I'm 5'3" and currently 170 lbs.

I'm focusing more on body recomposition than "weight loss" so I'm not really seeing a change on the scale, but I've lost 2.5% Body Fat Percentage, gained 7.5 lbs of Lean Body Mass and lost 2 lbs of fat mass in 4 months. Currently at 33.5% Body Fat Percentage.

I'm eating about 1850 calories per day, 45% carbs, 35% fat and 20% protein. (I'm aiming for 1837 calories - but 1850 is my average for this month.) I'm trying to increase my protein and trying to make sure I get my "healthy" fats in. (Nuts, avocado, fish...) I also try to make sure the carbs I eat are from whole grains or fruits and try not to have to many simple or processed carbs - of course baked goods and candy are delicious so that's always a challenge! Haha. :P

I've been focusing on strength training and recently (grudgingly) began doing some cardio. But with my increased muscle mass my cardio burns have been unusually high - so I'll take it! :P

My eventual goal is to be at maybeeee 22% body fat percentage? That sounds reasonable. And to have my muscles showing at LEAST in my arms if not elsewhere as well. (That would be wicked sweet). Also want to be able to bench something impressive. :D
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Before I injured myself and before I fell off the wagon, I was eating about 1400-1500 cal per day and working out 2-3 times a week (kickboxing) and was losing about 1-2 lbs a week...sometimes more. Since I've been pretty much incapacitated for about 2 months, I've managed to lose a bit (maybe 5 lbs) just from trying to stay under my TDEE (2211 cal). I was recently given clearance to remove the boot from my leg and start physical therapy, so I'll be a ton more active (I am looking forward to walking and bike riding).

When I first started, I tried to get down quickly (2 lbs a week) and did...until my body could no longer function at 1200 cal/day. I was a bear and stalled for a while. I upped my calories after about a month stuck at that weight, and the weight fell off (at the tune of maybe 3 lbs a week) because I was so active. I ALWAYS eat back a majority of my exercise calories because I have my activity level set as sedentary.

It really is trial and error to find what works for YOU. Your body chemistry is not the same as mine or anyone else's, so don't think that what worked for me is going to work for you exactly the same way. Best of luck!
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm 35, 5'3 and have been maintaining at 125lbs for 1 yr. for maintenance I eat between 2300-2500 calories....for weight loss I was eating between 2000-2200. I exercise 6 days per week anywhere between 1.5-2 hrs. I'm also a personal trainer and group fitness instructor so aside from my own personal workouts, I also teach 1-2 classes per day. I'm also a runner so I train for short distance races as well as half marathons. My workouts tend to be very high intensity (insanity, Asylum vol 1&2, running) so I NEED t eat to fuel my body and my workouts. On my day off, I usually try and eat between 1600-1800 calories.

Everyone is different but for me I cannot live off a low calorie diet....I would have no energy!!! Plus I have a 2.5 yr old boy that I need to have energy for as well!!
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    To add to my post, keep in mind that I burn anywhere between 600-900 calories per day for my workouts and I don't eat back all of my exercise calories because I will gain weight.
  • Emmalou202620
    Options
    I'm 33, 5'3 and just started the 1200 calorie a day diet. I'm on week 2 with a 2 lb weight loss. For me this is working.. I tried 1300 and lost nothing for a month straight. Anything 1300 or higher just does nothing- I'm not sure if its cause I don't have a lot to lose (total of 13 more pounds left to get to goal) but its frustrating. I work out about 3 to 4 times a week for generally 30 minutes.
    im the same anythink from 1300 upwards i dont loose nothink, mine set at 1200 im 5ft 5, and i walk to school every day which is an hour and then walk a hour on treadmill lol i do this evry day, mostly depend how tired i am lol.
  • tamjak
    tamjak Posts: 28
    Options
    I am 47 years old and 5'2". I am eating between 1200 to 1300 calories day, with 4-7 cardio sessions. I eat closer to 1300 on the days when I am working out. I haven't started weight training yet. I am down 15.5 pounds in about 5.5 weeks. If I eat more than 1400, I gain weight.
  • TaraAziz
    TaraAziz Posts: 6
    Options
    Hiya,

i'm 5' 2", 24 years old and eat around 1300 calories a day. I exercise 5 days a week ranging from yoga, dancing, running and bodycombat doing around 1 - 1/2 hours a day. I weight 129lbs at the moment trying to get down to around 113lbs. I find it difficult to loose weight as I stick to a generally healthy food schedule during the week, then seem to let it slip at the weekend having the odd takeaway. I have also been told to vary the type of exercise you do as your body tends to get used to the same thing, not sure how true this is though.

Could do with some motivation/advice to try and loose them extra pounds!