LONGESTTTT plateau everr! HELP !

Options
hello. I started my journey in Sept. '12 and have lost 35lbs since. but currently I am STUCKKKKK and have been for 2 WHOLE MONTHS! I don't understand at all. I exercise pretty regularly and hardly ever go over my calorie intake. I usually eat roughly 1000 calories a day. so can anyone help me with this? I really need the help, advice, support, and motivation. I am still 20lbs away from my goal and I wanted to have this done by July of this year. please help..i don't want to give up but I feel myself losing all motivation every time I step onto the scale and see nothing has changed! thanks in advance.

btw; feel free to add me! :)

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    classic case of 'you need to eat more'

You only have 20lb to lose, being at that large of a deficit is not going to help you out at all.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0?hl=road+map

read. eat. good luck.
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    EAT GIRL.
  • unit1409
    unit1409 Posts: 8
    Options
    Have you tried going low carb for a week? This happened to me before and I changed diet programs for a week and sure enough it seemed to kick start it up again. However, everyone is different and I also exercise daily. Good luck.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Eat. Follow the road map link above.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My plateau lasted for 7 months.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Most nutritionists would say the last 20 are the hardest. And if you aren't losing, you are eating too much.

Some of the things that work around here are mixing it up. I have tried changing up the exercise routine and zig-zagging my calories. I honestly haven't had much luck. I lost like 4 pounds a week when I started, but I have been most of a year with only a little progress.

You hear every thing from eating more to, weight lifting and everything in between. I still think it's as simple as eating at a deficit and being patient.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Most nutritionists would say the last 20 are the hardest. And if you aren't losing, you are eating too much.

Some of the things that work around here are mixing it up. I have tried changing up the exercise routine and zig-zagging my calories. I honestly haven't had much luck. I lost like 4 pounds a week when I started, but I have been most of a year with only a little progress.

You hear every thing from eating more to, weight lifting and everything in between. I still think it's as simple as eating at a deficit and being patient.

She does not need to go lower than 1,000.

Eat more it works. When you eat too low you change the hormones in your body and your metabolism shuts down. If you say you are not hungry this proves you have no metabolism and you need to eat anyway.
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    classic case of 'you need to eat more'

You only have 20lb to lose, being at that large of a deficit is not going to help you out at all.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0?hl=road+map

read. eat. good luck.

Yes!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    You posted this twice - you might want to ask the mods to close one
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options

She's already only eating 1000 calories. You cannot be serious when you suggest that she should go lower than that.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    My plateau lasted for 7 months.

Take THAT, OP!

Your thread is invalid
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Was another thread really necessary?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You guys are such bullies. The other thread was longesttttt plateau everr, not LONGESTTTTT plateau everr! Totally different, see?

And the lack of CAPS LOCK used in the other thread prevented people from taking the OP as seriously as they will take this one.
  • brerodriguez85
    Options
    I didn't mean to post it twice. I had lost internet connection and had to type it over. sorry...didn't really think it was that serious for u to complain.
  • brerodriguez85
    Options
    s for everyone else that Is trying to help me...thankyou. I do appreciate it :) I do not try to starve myself at all...I just eat when im hungry..so I guess u could say I never really have an appetite. maybe i'll buy something healthy to snack on in between my meals :) tanks allll :)
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    1000 calories? are you a "little people".... i feel bad for you.... google "full diet break" and "metabolic damage"....

Eating when hungry is not sufficient... If you wait til your thirsty in the desert your dead.. all this "my body knows what it needs" nonsense is just that, nonsense...

Your body will adapt to a deficiency and try and only do the most basic functions it needs to survive... Diets like this put you in a far worth health status than being overweight before hand.. FAR worse.. I'd rather be obese than eat 1200 calories a day. I'd probably live longer..
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Try 2 year plateau. And 1000 cal is deff not enough
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    1000 calories? are you a "little people".... i feel bad for you.... google "full diet break" and "metabolic damage"....

Eating when hungry is not sufficient... If you wait til your thirsty in the desert your dead.. all this "my body knows what it needs" nonsense is just that, nonsense...

Your body will adapt to a deficiency and try and only do the most basic functions it needs to survive... Diets like this put you in a far worth health status than being overweight before hand.. FAR worse.. I'd rather be obese than eat 1200 calories a day. I'd probably live longer..

QFT
    Road Map. Scooby. Eat. Win.
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options

She does not need to go lower than 1,000.

Eat more it works. When you eat too low you change the hormones in your body and your metabolism shuts down. If you say you are not hungry this proves you have no metabolism and you need to eat anyway.

What she said........if you are not hungry then "Houston we have a problem"
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I think you need to eat more and up the intensity of your workouts. Maybe do something different. Shake up your body!