I've found the Chipotle holy grail!

Options

Replies

• tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    So I never LOVED Chipotle. I liked it okay, but I couldn't love it like other people did. To me it was just a 1000 calorie meal that tasted kinda meh.

But then I decided to try to figure out a way to make it healthier, and in the process I accidentally made it incredibly delicious! It's one of my favorite things to eat now, and it's really not that bad for me! Other than sodium (which isn't a concern for me because I have low blood pressure), it's pretty low cal, has healthy fats, veggies, and tons of protein! I've been so excited to share with you all, because I know some of you love fast food as much as I do.

This is what you order to make the most delicious Chipotle order ever:

Ask for a burrito bowl.

You can get either white or brown rice, whatever your preference. I prefer white for taste reasons, but brown has about 10 fewer calories.

You can get either black beans or pinto beans. I prefer pinto, but they are made with bacon so if you want to keep things vegetarian go with black. Both kinds have the same calories.

Now, ask for the fajita veggies. If they try to skimp you, don't be afraid to ask for more.

No meat. Skip the meat. It adds calories. You're going to get a ton of protein from the beans. There's just no reason for it. No meat.

You can get the tomatoes and/or the green and/or red salsas. I like tomatoes and a little bit of green.

Cheese is good. Get cheese.

And now ask for "a little bit" of guacamole. If you don't specify "a little bit," they will give you more guac than there are other ingredients in your bowl and it will become guac with random stuff in it. It's not as good as it sounds. So specify "a little bit." And, because you skipped the meat, the guac is free instead of $2something! See, worth it.

This will be approximately 580 calories for your entire lunch with 18 grams of fiber, 22 grams of protein, 60% Vitamin C, 30% Vitamin A, 32% Calcium, and 18% iron. That's really not bad for something this delicious, and it will keep you full forever!

Enjoy!

Mine - I highly recommend!: white rice, pinto beans, lots of fajita veggies, tomatoes, a little green salsa, cheese, guacamole.

Thats almost exactly how I get mine, it is wonderful!
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I thought I had found the holy grail also... except from Qdoba. I ordered it exactly how you said and HOLY COW... I was sick for two days after... IDK if I have the courage to try that again!!! :(
  • Cindy_2013
    Cindy_2013 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    sounds wonderful
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Uhh. No meat? What?

Something is not right here.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Ditching the meat but suggesting beans for protein?

Wut!?

My go to: burrito Bol, double chicken, white rice, black beans, tomato, hot salsa, cheese, lettuce.

Yeah I agree! Ditch the beans and go for chicken! Personally, I don't get all the Chipotle love. To me it's just an expensive version of Taco Bell.

You take that back!!
  • taylan14
    taylan14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Chipotle has always been one of my "go to" meals! And I don't get cheese - sour cream-corn-or guacamole. That is just my preference because I don't like it - but I DO get BOTH white and brown rice mixed, black beans and half the serving amount of Chicken with lettuce and tomates. It is AWESOME for my taste :) And healthy enough.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    So I never LOVED Chipotle. I liked it okay, but I couldn't love it like other people did. To me it was just a 1000 calorie meal that tasted kinda meh.

But then I decided to try to figure out a way to make it healthier, and in the process I accidentally made it incredibly delicious! It's one of my favorite things to eat now, and it's really not that bad for me! Other than sodium (which isn't a concern for me because I have low blood pressure), it's pretty low cal, has healthy fats, veggies, and tons of protein! I've been so excited to share with you all, because I know some of you love fast food as much as I do.

This is what you order to make the most delicious Chipotle order ever:

Ask for a burrito bowl.

You can get either white or brown rice, whatever your preference. I prefer white for taste reasons, but brown has about 10 fewer calories.

You can get either black beans or pinto beans. I prefer pinto, but they are made with bacon so if you want to keep things vegetarian go with black. Both kinds have the same calories.

Now, ask for the fajita veggies. If they try to skimp you, don't be afraid to ask for more.

No meat. Skip the meat. It adds calories. You're going to get a ton of protein from the beans. There's just no reason for it. No meat.

You can get the tomatoes and/or the green and/or red salsas. I like tomatoes and a little bit of green.

Cheese is good. Get cheese.

And now ask for "a little bit" of guacamole. If you don't specify "a little bit," they will give you more guac than there are other ingredients in your bowl and it will become guac with random stuff in it. It's not as good as it sounds. So specify "a little bit." And, because you skipped the meat, the guac is free instead of $2something! See, worth it.

This will be approximately 580 calories for your entire lunch with 18 grams of fiber, 22 grams of protein, 60% Vitamin C, 30% Vitamin A, 32% Calcium, and 18% iron. That's really not bad for something this delicious, and it will keep you full forever!

Enjoy!

Mine - I highly recommend!: white rice, pinto beans, lots of fajita veggies, tomatoes, a little green salsa, cheese, guacamole.

So you ordered a bowl.

You got them to put white rice in it.

And then you asked them not to put meat in it, because it's just extra calories?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Wut!?

My go to: burrito Bol, double chicken, white rice, black beans, tomato, hot salsa, cheese, lettuce.

Yeah I agree! Ditch the beans and go for chicken! Personally, I don't get all the Chipotle love. To me it's just an expensive version of Taco Bell.

You take that back!!

"Not gonna do it! Not gonna do it. It wouldn't be prudent, at this juncture."

dana%20carvey.jpg

Taco Bell is pretty tasty, and I can get full for half the cost of a Chipotle bowl. :smokin:

If i want Mexican food that tastes like Mexican food, I will go to a locally-owned and operated by real Mexicans who know how to cook! :bigsmile:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options

Wut!?

^ has never been to chipotle
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That sounds tasty. I agree - you can get some great combinations at Chipotle for <600 calories:

My current favorite is 530 calories for a huge protein-packed meal:

Salad (no dressing - it is evil high in calories and salsa is good for you!)
    1/2 serving brown rice.
    Fajita veggies.
    Black beans
    Chicken or pork. (or sometimes skip this and get guac instead)
    No cheese or sour cream (this is key to keeping it low cal)
    2-3 kinds of salsa, depending on your taste.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options

Wut!?

You take that back!!

"Not gonna do it! Not gonna do it. It wouldn't be prudent, at this juncture."

dana%20carvey.jpg

Taco Bell is pretty tasty, and I can get full for half the cost of a Chipotle bowl. :smokin:

If i want Mexican food that tastes like Mexican food, I will go to a locally-owned and operated by real Mexicans who know how to cook! :bigsmile:

I've tried Taco Bell once in my life -- people, that is not even food! I don't know what that is.

"Real Mexicans who know how to cook" unfortunately can't afford midtown Manhattan rent. :(
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I get the exact same things with chicken for nearly the same calories. Just skip the guac. A burrito without meat is just....

wrong.
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    love chipotle! bump!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Here's a great tip I learned from my sister:

Ask for a burrito bowl however you like it and a get a tortilla shell on the side (to go). They will wrap the tortilla in foil.

Eat exactly half the bowl and you can use the rest to make your own burrito the next day!!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I just get the chicken burrito and eat only half...or the whole thing if I've done a hard run that day.
    I've had the bowls at Chipotle, but if I want beans/rice/salsa I'll just make it at home...I just like the actual burrito. With tortilla. AND meat. AND beans. And their amazing hot salsa. ETC.

I am amused that you ditched the chicken and recommended white rice ;) But to each their own.

Enjoy your Chipotle!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    This looks good but if I finding skipping or limiting the rice/beans far more effective. Meat and veggies are good.

Compare 200 calories of meat vs. 200 calories of rice. No contest...
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    totally agree with beans vs meat, keeps me full much longer. I love me some fajita's!
  • in_this_generation
    in_this_generation Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Get a bowl and asked to have it double wrapped..
    Lol good tip, my last burrito bowl left a stain in my car. Now my passengers always look hesitant when they see the black bean skid mark on the seat! Boohoo!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I just get the chicken burrito and eat only half...or the whole thing if I've done a hard run that day.
    I've had the bowls at Chipotle, but if I want beans/rice/salsa I'll just make it at home...I just like the actual burrito. With tortilla. AND meat. AND beans. And their amazing hot salsa. ETC.

I am amused that you ditched the chicken and recommended white rice ;) But to each their own.

Enjoy your Chipotle!

I've made something similar at home, but without the rice because I was lazy. The bowl I had on Sunday was 720 cals, 47 g of protein (chicken & black beans). Now this is making me want another one!

To the girl who said salad dressings are evil, there are plenty out there that aren't. Bolthouse Farms' salsa ranch is 45 cals for 2T. I'd say that's pretty decent.
  • dmd721
    dmd721 Posts: 4
    Options
    My new normal from Chipotle is a salad with chicken, black beans, brown rice and corn salsa. Yummy, and just about 616 calories (plus a ton of protein and fiber).

Not only do I track my food here, but I also try to eat for my blood type, so that's why certain things are left off the salad. This way of eating is a whole other ballgame (lol) but it's been working well for me.

Kudos to you for finding something that works for you!