Options
    You can add me. I am a fellow fat guy
  • peejays2013
    Options
    feel free to add me as well - another guy losing weight coz of the kids
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, trying to loose weight for the kids too.. Its hard with so little time..
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Adorable little girl, reminds me of mine when she was a bit younger.

You've got the best reason for losing weight in the world. Good on you.

If you need some help just say the word.
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    add me bro
  • Its_All_Gongfu
    Its_All_Gongfu Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I do need some help..Thanks man.

Lowell
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent - even though my youngest child is in her mid-30s!
  • SOCOLOCO87
    SOCOLOCO87 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Add me i am excercising more and more regularly and have been seeing results.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a returning MFP guy who has started and stopped this thing a couple of times before....My 7-year old daughter actually asked me to get in shape so I can run and play with her...Recently had to get off of a roller coaster her and I were about to ride,,,,Because I was too fat for the safety bar to close.

A very, very humiliating and eye-opening experience.

I'm coming back to MFP with clear cut goals, and an improved dedication to a healthy life-style...I've half-assed this program a before but, like smoking (I quit on my 4th serious attempt) I know that I CAN do this: Lose 60 lbs, and form a habit of daily exercise and good, healthy eating....

I would like to meet and make friends with some other men who have lost (or are losing) a bunch of weight, who actually exercise regularly and who will communicate and share their knowledge, experience (and strength) with me.....I need the support.

Thanks,

Lowell

Dedication is key, and it sounds like you have a great reason for it.:drinker:
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    You say that you have a goal to lose 60 pounds and form a habit of daily exercise and good, healthy eating. You also admit, honorably, that you have trouble with your commitment long term. Here is my initial suggestion, just to get you started.

Lose 10 pounds.

Don't change your overall long term goals or anything. Just mentally dedicate yourself completely to losing 10 pounds. Do every single thing you have to for as long as you have to so you can do this. This amount of initial success will help you to get going strong and give you what you need to see so you can stay the course and make your long term goals as well.

What do you think? Goals, effort, circumstances all change along the way. Things happen. Weight can go up and down. Sometimes we give in to our temptations. Just keep the effort going and get back on track, eventually you will reach your destination, just as long as you don't stop trying.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...been here 400+ days....open diary and log daily. Trying to get the family on board.
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Lowell,

FR Sent.

Start with Mini Goals, but keep a LONG term Vision, like riding the Rollercoasters with yoru Daughter. It helps you to keep making the smaller goals
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    You can all add me as well. If you want.
  • wurstera
    wurstera Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No children as of yet but you can still add me if you wish.......
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Added, if need any support or advice just send me some mail, glad to see you're trying to get into shape.
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, no kids as yet, but fat guy trying to get fit!!
  • stepnerd
    stepnerd Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'd love more male MFP buddies!! I'll send an invite to everyone above me, and feel free to add me if you see this after i post :)
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Sure, you can add me. I to am determined to get rid of the extra load I've been carrying around. First ii's ten then twenty, then thirty over and so on. Believe me I know.

Good luck!
  • DadJustDoinIt
    DadJustDoinIt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. Losing weight and exercising now that I have a daughter. I've got to make this happen.
  • davidwgold
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I've already lost the majority of the weight I planned on doing and slowly moving into maintenance