New here! I'm 20 and trying to lose alot :)

Options
Hey guys. Well, long story short: My dad weighed over 400lbs and he had to lose weight to get surgery done. He's lost over 100lbs so far and he an inspiration to me. I weight 263lbs. When I graduated high school I weighed 215lbs and it took me a year to gain 50 some pounds. I'm trying to set a goal to lose alot and I would like to find someone on here who shares the same goals as me so I really know that I'm not in this alone. I think it would be nice to have someone to talk to on here; whether it be supporting one another or sharing tips. whatever. I'm just trying to be friendly and meet some new people! Thanks everyone :)

-Miranda

Replies

• angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend :-)
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hey there:

Welcome! I have, as I like to say, 1/2 of myself to lose, but I'm doing it in baby steps. You can do it too! You've already started in the right direction. There are tons of great people, resources and lots of support on your journey. Best of luck!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Miranda, you are in the right place. There are lots of people here who have various amounts of weight to lose, and I can promise that they will all be supportive - at least that has been my experience.

Add me as a friend if you like.

Welcome and good luck. You can totally do this.
  • MirandaAnn
    Options
    Thanks guys, you have no idea how much the support means to me!
  • srule001
    srule001 Posts: 6
    Options
    I, and a lot of other people on this site are in the same boat, so first off, congrats to being here and starting this journey! This site is super helpful and really good and keeping you motivated and honestly it's become my new facebook in that im addicted and I check in often, so it keeps me accountable for all that I do and eat! Good luck, you can do it!
  • rolandhulme
    rolandhulme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This is the BEST SITE IN THE WORLD and has the BEST PEOPLE on it, so I know you'll be really happy here and WELCOME. Good luck with your weight loss goal.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It is possible! Set small goals and enjoy your success. Don't let the small setbacks get you down.

YOU CAN DO IT
  • pandalady8
    pandalady8 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome Miranda! :drinker: Support we can offer in spades :smile: MFP is a great tool - it's helped me lose 20 lbs and I think, for the first time in my life, it is gone FOREVER! It's a great way to start a new, healthier lifestyle and makes it really easy to see just what bad habits we might have developed without even realizing we had them! Even if you have a lot to lose, the important thing is that we've all made the first, most important step to do something about it.
  • nachoqtpie
    nachoqtpie Posts: 81
    Options
    You can do it!! There are a lot of people on here that are in the same boat as you! You have a great support system here, even if we don't have a lot to lose! Everyone here is friendly (from what I've encountered) and always have encouraging words for you!!
    Good luck hun! :-)
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hi! When I started on MFP last August I was 22 and 282 lbs. After HS i probably weighed 260, lost down to 245, and then back up. I have had a long journey, a lot of downs, and some ups, but I have successfully kept off 34 lbs, and I am 3 pounds away from being my lightest ever. My entire family is overweight, so I definitely feel your pain. It's going to be a long and winding road full of great accomplishments, and great disappointments...getting back up is the KEY though. We all struggle and screw up..but as long as you keep yourself in the HERE and NOW and not in the "I'm gonna be skinny in 10 years" idea...you're gonna do great! MFP is one of the best tools I have EVER come across because everyone is so encouraging. Good luck; everyone is here for you!
  • steph_armstrong
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP. I know exactly how you feel. I have been overweight for years. When I started my weightloss journey (before I found MFP) I was 311lbs. and when I joined last week I am 255lbs. This site is full of motivation, tools, and fabulous people that help in everyway they can. I still have 120lbs to lose until I reach my healthy goal, but I have found that small reachable goals are the best way to start. Its kind of like taking it one step at a time and one day at a time. If you fall off the wagon just remember to get up, dust yourself off, and hop right back on. Feel free to add me if you would like.. You will do great. You have already taken the first step.