Feeling Frustrated

Options
I can't seem to get the weight off. I've gained about 10lbs in the last 3 months. Junk food is my weakness. My clothes are getting tighter and i refuse to buy a larger size. I think a good deal of it is emotional eating. I need encouragement:(

Replies

• bwysocki
    bwysocki Posts: 8
    Options
    Load up on strawberries!!!
    There amazing ... and good for you.
    Keep working for it. Just always have it in the back of your mind that you want to loose weight. When your reaching for that snack food, pause for a second and think about it.
    You can do it, just keep thinking why you want to loose some weight.
    Hope I can help you along the way!!!!
  • phoenixrizez
    phoenixrizez Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just keep swimming!! Don't tell yourself that you CAN'T lose the weight. Of course you can! The key is to keep trying even after you fail miserably. Remember you are making a LIFESTYLE change and that takes time. Don't beat yourself up so much. When you fall off of the wagon get back on and keep logging. That way, you can see the progress you make over a period of time instead of intensely focusing on one day.
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You gotta come up with a food & exercise plan. Counting Cal's is great of course, but plan ahead. I know exactly what I plan on eating for the next day or for the entire week. It may be difficult at first, but it is second nature after you've done it for a while.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I understand your frustration.

I LOVE the strawberry idea, or maybe eat some trail mix or almonds.
  • annemcharles
    annemcharles Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Say a quick silent prayer before you eat. This only needs to take a few seconds but it gives you a chance to pause and think about eating healthy foods, in moderation, that will nourish your body. It also gives you one more moment to consider if the binge is worth it... Good luck!
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Say a quick silent prayer before you eat. This only needs to take a few seconds but it gives you a chance to pause and think about eating healthy foods, in moderation, that will nourish your body. It also gives you one more moment to consider if the binge is worth it... Good luck!

I like that^^^ Also, if night time is an issue, try brushing your teeth earlier. It'll make it more of a pain to eat again cause you've already brushed.
  • mteamer
    mteamer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone. I'll heed all of your advice. Today is a new day and I am determined.