I'm Actually Doing it!!!! NSV (With Pic)

Options
Chrissysftns
Chrissysftns Posts: 113 Member
I can't believe that here I was, Not even two days ago I was feeling defeated. I have been working so hard. My dedication to fitness has been on point for the past seven months I have been tracking my calories & working out consistently with Strength and cardio routines. I have been watching my body Transform...or so I thought.

The Scale has been my biggest nemesis since My journey has begun; I started MFP This last time (7 months ago) around 180lbs. SInce then, My weight Has fluctuated anywhere from 172-183 lbs.
Just when I thought my weight would go down...BOOM! That tricky little scale would tel me something completely different not even two weeks later. However, I kept on weighing...Everyweek.

I even started weighing in with my Personal Trainer and taking measurements. Yes, I was losing inches, but the number on the scale wasn't budging. For this he told me to increase my strength training days. I did. I know lift 3-4 days a week and do cardio 2-3 days a week. I thought for sure by doing this the number on the scale would go down...just like he said.

Well, a month and a half went by and it didn't change.
I tweaked my diet by following a forum posted on MFP and it has given me so much clarity and I feel I am now in the right direction..AND I have lost two pounds (Whoop Whoop) :smile:

Two days ago I stepped on the scale again..as I do every week..yea I'm down a whole whopping pound, but what's 1lb when you've been so dedicated and patient with your workouts for seven months!?!? I felt defeated. Sad. :cry:

Until, I took another one of those "Progress Pictures". You know..the ones you take in hope of comparing it to your new and improved Bod a couple months down the road?
Well, when I compared it to a pic that I took just a couple months prior, Let me tell you...I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HOPEFUL IN MY LIFE!! lol
I am actually making progress, and My stupid scale can kiss my ARS!

LIke the pic says: Consistency is KEY!

***OKAY***, SO i have No idea how to make my pic smaller...soooo You can't even see my after pic! BOO! BUT, I think you can see it as I have it as my Profile Pic :):)

b4_zpsb4bd16d9.jpg

Replies

• Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You need to ditch the scale-it's not your friend. The measuring tape and pictures are your new friends!! Way to go :)
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I can't see both pics, one is cut off. Congrats though :)
  • xoRicanmel
    xoRicanmel Posts: 137
    Options
    Awesome!! Remember muscle weighs more, just because you don't see a difference in numbers iT doesn't mean u wont see the physical changes.. great job ur doing wonderful :)
  • jzlater
    jzlater Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I too hate my scale and think it plays tricks on me. I need to take some "before" pictures and start tracking progress that way, and I need a tape measure to start doing measurements. After all, muscle is denser than fat, right? So as you lose fat and exchange it for lean muscle mass you may not drop any weight up front....

Oh and I could only see 1 picture of you...
  • Chrissysftns
    Options
    I can't believe that here I was, Not even two days ago I was feeling defeated. I have been working so hard. My dedication to fitness has been on point for the past seven months I have been tracking my calories & working out consistently with Strength and cardio routines. I have been watching my body Transform...or so I thought.

The Scale has been my biggest nemesis since My journey has begun; I started MFP This last time (7 months ago) around 180lbs. SInce then, My weight Has fluctuated anywhere from 172-183 lbs.
    Just when I thought my weight would go down...BOOM! That tricky little scale would tel me something completely different not even two weeks later. However, I kept on weighing...Everyweek.

I even started weighing in with my Personal Trainer and taking measurements. Yes, I was losing inches, but the number on the scale wasn't budging. For this he told me to increase my strength training days. I did. I know lift 3-4 days a week and do cardio 2-3 days a week. I thought for sure by doing this the number on the scale would go down...just like he said.

Well, a month and a half went by and it didn't change.
    I tweaked my diet by following a forum posted on MFP and it has given me so much clarity and I feel I am now in the right direction..AND I have lost two pounds (Whoop Whoop) :smile:

Two days ago I stepped on the scale again..as I do every week..yea I'm down a whole whopping pound, but what's 1lb when you've been so dedicated and patient with your workouts for seven months!?!? I felt defeated. Sad. :cry:

Until, I took another one of those "Progress Pictures". You know..the ones you take in hope of comparing it to your new and improved Bod a couple months down the road?
    Well, when I compared it to a pic that I took just a couple months prior, Let me tell you...I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HOPEFUL IN MY LIFE!! lol
    I am actually making progress, and My stupid scale can kiss my ARS!

LIke the pic says: Consistency is KEY!

b4_zpsb4bd16d9.jpg
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I was about to cuss you out, thank goodness i read the whole thing!! LOL. See tricks are for kids.....you would think after reading all the forums and seeing it posted billions of times people would catch on....good thing you did. Congradulations..and resize your darn pictures for crying out loud lol
  • Chrissysftns
    Options
    Congrats! I too hate my scale and think it plays tricks on me. I need to take some "before" pictures and start tracking progress that way, and I need a tape measure to start doing measurements. After all, muscle is denser than fat, right? So as you lose fat and exchange it for lean muscle mass you may not drop any weight up front....

Oh and I could only see 1 picture of you...

yea, i have no idea what I'm doing wrong..I can't figure out how to make it smaller :/
  • Amanda993
    Amanda993 Posts: 51
    Options
    Yay Chrissy! I'm so glad you're seeing progress and feeling motivated!
  • skai0518
    skai0518 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I can only see one picture
  • mgpage
    mgpage Posts: 123
    Options
    Great job!! I too am having a falling out with my scales. Keep up the good work!!
  • ChelsiaCoons
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! :D
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Congratulations!!
    I so needed this! I have barely seen any changes on the scale (keeps going up and down) since January!
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You dont know how many thank yous I want to express right now! I have been at this for over 3months and with its ups and downs I weighed myself finally this morning to see a 1.5lbs gain. I didnt let it discourage me just like you. I will keep going and your story has been just what I need to hear to know it will eventually pay off. You look amazing and I will concentrate on pics and measurements. Congratualtions! I really appreciate this post and wayy to go on your success, well deserved!!
  • Chrissysftns
    Options
    You dont know how many thank yous I want to express right now! I have been at this for over 3months and with its ups and downs I weighed myself finally this morning to see a 1.5lbs gain. I didnt let it discourage me just like you. I will keep going and your story has been just what I need to hear to know it will eventually pay off. You look amazing and I will concentrate on pics and measurements. Congratualtions! I really appreciate this post and wayy to go on your success, well deserved!!

awww Yay! Girl I can so empathize with you! IT's so frustrating. Just keep pushing even if the scale goes up and down. It's very discouraging!
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Go to http://www.shrinkpictures.com/resize.php and select about 600, "Great" quality.

Re-Upload to your host site

Copy the image link back here. ; )
  • climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have been in the same boat, almost 2 month and the scale hasn't budged but I dropped another pant size and lost an inch! Ignore the scale and focus on what you want, and it will alll eventually come together. Keep up the good work!
  • triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Great progress!!! Your arms and back look amazing! I have decided to stop using the scale (partially by force because I don't have one right now), and have been taking measurements. It is much more encouraging!

Here's your pic smaller:
    2lw8uon.jpg
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    Fantastic! Your neck, shoulders, back, biceps, triceps...I'm seeing a big change in definition there. You're doing awesome!
  • Chrissysftns
    Options
    Great progress!!! Your arms and back look amazing! I have decided to stop using the scale (partially by force because I don't have one right now), and have been taking measurements. It is much more encouraging!

Here's your pic smaller:
    2lw8uon.jpg

Oh wow! LOL Thanks! I have no idea what I'm doing!
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    great progress! can't wait to put up a progress picture soon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!