healthy finger food ideas for a pool party???

Options
We are having a huge pool party this weekend and I have the junk food covered! lol, but I need some ideas for healthier finger food ideas!!! thanks :)

Replies

• traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    Options
    Veggie pizza w/ the lowfat dough/crust & lowfat cream cheese. Google Veggie pizza - tons of options!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies!

Hummus and Pita
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    fruit kabobs w/ yogurt dip
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    How about cucumber "sandwiches" - no bread, the cucumber is the bread. Definitely fruits and veges as suggested. I'd google some low fat/low cal dip recipes too.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    steam open a bag of mussels, remove one of the shells and leave the mussel loose on the half shell on an old cookie sheet. Take some smart balance butter and mix with your favorite minced herbs like chives and garlic. Top each mussel with a little bit of the butter mixture. Place cookie sheet on the grill until the butter has melted and the mussels are warm up again. Serve!! These went over HUGE at my party. I have two cookie sheets filled and they wanted more which I didn't have!
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    steam open a bag of mussels, remove one of the shells and leave the mussel loose on the half shell on an old cookie sheet. Take some smart balance butter and mix with your favorite minced herbs like chives and garlic. Top each mussel with a little bit of the butter mixture. Place cookie sheet on the grill until the butter has melted and the mussels are warm up again. Serve!! These went over HUGE at my party. I have two cookie sheets filled and they wanted more which I didn't have!

This sounds so good! Do you have any idea the nutritional info on this or did you come up with it yourself?
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Shrimp cocktail on ice
    Greek yogurt dip (greek yogurt w/ garlic, dill and cucumber diced small) and veggies <<<people love this, I always get compliments
    fruit salad
    chicken satay
  • jennai
    jennai Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    At a work party, someone made antipasto kabobs. On a toothpick, you put one grape tomato, one leaf of basil, and one small fresh mozzarella ball. They were DELICIOUS! I don't know the exact calorie content, but it couldn't be much. And they must be super easy to make.
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    Prunes wrapped in prosciutto (cured/parma ham). Wrap paper-thin slices of prosciutto around prunes and secure with a toothpick. Bake in a 400°F oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until the plums are soft and the prosciutto is crispy.
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    great dips are hummus and tzatziki.

roast some pita triangles with salt and pepper and garlic powder and uve got yummmyy chips.

fruit salad

vegetable sticks

make jello!! w/ fruit slices.

popcorn (air popped)
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Low fat mozzarella rolled in cracked black pepper and wrapped in proscuitto,or parma ham.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Bruchetta.

High fiber crackers with chopped tomato, scallion and a little garlic on top. Or you can also bake some whole wheat pita, cut into pieces and serve with salsa.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I make a quick and easy dip and bring baked tortilla chips.

1 can drained black beans
    1 can corn (or MexiCorn)
    1 whole onion chopped
    3 medium tomatoes
    fresh garlic (to taste)
    Season with cumin, ground pepper, crushed red pepper, etc... and LOTS OF CILANTRO
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    Maybe some Special K crackers w/ light Laughing Cow cheese, or slices of 2% milk cheese. The caprese salad kabobs are great and easy to make. (grape tomatoes, mozzerella- or slices of string cheese works, too, with basil leaves) and veggies and baked pita chips with hummus. Even baked tortilla chips and salsa are great, too.
  • kickitlarson
    kickitlarson Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Fruit platter with a tahin, lemon, date dressing (just put equal amounts those ingredients together & then see if it needs more of anything per your taste)
    Pineapples, bananas, oranges, apples, kiwi!!! Toss the fruit with a bit of lemon juice so it doesn't brown up.
    Serve on kabobs or with fancy dancy toothpicks!!!!!
  • amasot
    amasot Posts: 86
    Options
    Falafels with tzatziki or yogurt as a dip. Yum!
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    I'm actually doing a girls' night tonight with some pals and making appetizers.

Easy and quick (got this online) - 6 oz smoked salmon, 6 oz fat free cream cheese, tsp lemon juice, dill, black pepper. Put it in the blender. Volla - salmon dip.

Instead of crackers, I'm sticking in slices of cucumber (in rings in the bowl) as the dipper. I have yet to see how it goes over, but my taste test went well!
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    If you want something "hot" - as hot from the oven - not sure that is pool party food - but for years I've made ground chicken honey mustard meatballs. Great for parties. I don't have the recipe in my head but if you search the Cooking Light website you might find it.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing a girls' night tonight with some pals and making appetizers.

Easy and quick (got this online) - 6 oz smoked salmon, 6 oz fat free cream cheese, tsp lemon juice, dill, black pepper. Put it in the blender. Volla - salmon dip.

Instead of crackers, I'm sticking in slices of cucumber (in rings in the bowl) as the dipper. I have yet to see how it goes over, but my taste test went well!

great recipe!