Overcoming a Setback...advice from Jillian Michaels

Options
I found this encouraging...hope you do too! We can do this!

From LOSING IT! With Jillian Michaels
Friday, June 25, 2010

Overcoming a Setback
It happens — you miss a few workouts and you feel like you've fallen off the weight-loss wagon. It's tempting to mentally slap yourself around, right? (Or head for the fridge.) Before you start, I want to remind you of something: Being hard on yourself is the Old You.

The New You knows how to deal with setbacks and get back on the wagon. And after all, there are no mistakes, just learning experiences. Weight loss is a process — it takes time. You will encounter small failures — everyone does — but every pound you gain can be lost.

And if you miss a workout, it's not the end of the world! Get to the gym the next day and continue to focus on your short-term goals. Just because you made bad choices today doesn't mean you can't start over tomorrow. New day? New beginning. And don't you forget it!

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Just got this e-mail too. I really needed it. Thanks for sharing.
  • ellykay7
    ellykay7 Posts: 26
    Options
    You bet! It came at the perfect time for me too!
  • amye36
    amye36 Posts: 5
    Options
    Just got this email too :)
    I'm def a Jillian Michaels fan! Love it.
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your post..I needed it also :laugh:
  • misc02u
    misc02u Posts: 25
    Options
    bump
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    "Just because you made bad choices today doesn't mean you can't start over tomorrow. "

I've found that for me, I need to take this one step further and say "Just because you made bad choices earlier today doesn't mean the rest of the day is a waste and you can take a break until tomorrow." (this is generally in reference to food and not allowing myself to binge for the rest of the day just because i already slipped up anyway). I know so many people who say "tomorrow...tomorrow."

There's no tomorrow, there's only now.
  • brujeria48
    brujeria48 Posts: 25
    Options

I've found that for me, I need to take this one step further and say "Just because you made bad choices earlier today doesn't mean the rest of the day is a waste and you can take a break until tomorrow." (this is generally in reference to food and not allowing myself to binge for the rest of the day just because i already slipped up anyway). I know so many people who say "tomorrow...tomorrow."

There's no tomorrow, there's only now.
    [/quote

Exactly!!!

I can completely relate to what you said and agree 100%. I've taken the "tomorrow is a new day" concept and misused it so often that I can't count how many times it's happened. One cupcake binge at eleven in the morning meant throwing caution to the wind for the rest of my waking day and excusing it because I already "blew it", best to just start fresh later.

Great post.
  • SaraJ0906
    SaraJ0906 Posts: 1
    Options
    Can't say how much this meant to me this morning. I was just feeling totally down and out because I've missed several workouts this week and only had a .4lb loss when I weighed in. That is SO the OLD ME :o) Thanks so much for this. Started my Friday off in a whole new (and much better!) way.

Peace
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    Thanks for posting!!

A lot of you said you got this "e-mail." What did you sign up for to get it? Does anyone have info?

Thanks!
  • aprueitt
    aprueitt Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I so needed this today! Thank you
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! I needed to hear this!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!!

A lot of you said you got this "e-mail." What did you sign up for to get it? Does anyone have info?

Thanks!
    you can sign up on Jillians website to get her daily newsletter.
    http://www.jillianmichaels.com/meet-jillian/free-newsletter.aspx