Just started Insanity! Has this worked for anyone??

Options
So I recently got Insanity and I'm really dedicated to losing weight. I just want to know if this has worked for anyone and how quickly you saw results. Did you plateau?

Replies

• FinallyFitMommy
    FinallyFitMommy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am starting today. My sister in law saw awesome results! She never said anything about a plateau, but she also takes seriously unhealthy steps to lose weight. Like not eating, or eat 500 calories for the whole day. Remember to eat enough to support your workout. They're tough! And good luck! Add me if you'd like encouragement.
    Michaela
  • natbrown81
    Options
    I will finish my 60 days on Sunday. I've not really followed the nutrition plan ( as there is no way i could convince my husband to eat that well) but i have stayed within my calorie limit. I've had a couple of off days at the beginning but otherwise i've made it through the program in just over the alloted 60 days. it hurts, every day it hurts and you don't want to do it, but once you start its good and when you get to the end . . well i've over a stone, almost 2 dress sizes and i can see abs and thigh gap and definition in my arms and legs. and come sunday . . i'll have a week off and then i will just start it again. i must be insane.

I would thoroughly recommend it! Stick with it, the results you see are worth it! and its only ever 70 minutes of your day!
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just received my Insanity yesterday, read through everything, took my before photos, measurements, did the Fit Test and today will be Day 2 for me. I'm looking forward to seeing some changes.
  • fitlaughl0ve
    fitlaughl0ve Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through the third week at the moment. I've already seen fitness improvements, I stop much less often, and my numbers were much higher on my second fit test! Haven't weighed myself since starting but my jeans are starting to get big at the waist and on the legs so it's a good sign :) Good luck, it's tough, but so worth it!
  • Rydyn
    Rydyn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just completed Day 2 of Insanity..........this is not for the faint of heart! It requires hard work and motivation and a towel for all the sweating!!! I wish all the best of luck. I know I'm going to need it!!
  • Rydyn
    Rydyn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just completed Day 2 of Insanity..........this is not for the faint of heart! It requires hard work and motivation and a towel for all the sweating!!! I wish all the best of luck. I know I'm going to need it!! :sad:
  • kellegg22
    kellegg22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've done one month of it before and I could tell my stomach was getting smaller and my endurance was improving greatly. I am currently on day 3 today.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3, day 4. I lost 1lb the first week, nothing the second and am now not weighing for a while as I don't want to get disheartened but I can already see my stomach is smaller, as is my waist, my bum's lifted and I'm starting to see biceps so I'm pleased so far.
  • Pinkemi
    Pinkemi Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    How quickly did everyone start seeing results? Like in the first couple of weeks?
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3 here. I've only lost 8 pounds so far but I have lost about 10 inches overall (4 from my chest in the first 2 weeks.) Some people see changes in the first week, some the second, for me it was the third. Had to buy a belt and dropped a pants size and a shirt size. I only pull my scale out on Fit Test days because it doesn't move very fast at all for me. I am excited to start week 6, it's my understanding that's when you start "melting" and I have A LOT to melt!
  • empress88
    empress88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I just started insanity yesterday... just wow intense and wonderful I was just wondering has anybody calculated kcal intake using the nutrition guide apparently im suppose to have 2, 065 while on insanity which seems like loads considering ive been on 1448 up until now.

Really excited ans I kmow we will havd fantastic results donr forget before ans after picfures! Xxx
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I just started insanity yesterday... just wow intense and wonderful I was just wondering has anybody calculated kcal intake using the nutrition guide apparently im suppose to have 2, 065 while on insanity which seems like loads considering ive been on 1448 up until now.

Really excited ans I kmow we will havd fantastic results donr forget before ans after picfures! Xxx

I've been managing on 1505 and eating back some of my exercise calories. Some days it's not enough so I eat a little more. you will just have to play with your numbers and find what works for you. I also ended up adding a protein shake on days where I don't get 100g, it helps with muscle repair.

Also I suggest to anyone just starting to get a HRM. There is nothing on MFP to log it under that comes close for me. Some people it does, for me it doesn't. Everyone is different.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    Day 3, Week 3 -

I can honestly say that this program is something you have to take in stride. Understand that you aren't meant to be able to keep up. It is an intense cardio workout that even the fitest people will struggle with. Anyone that tells you they can keep pace from day one is lying to you.
    If Shaun T, the trainer is winded... you better believe you will be.

I use a phrase that is more commonly known from P90X with Tony Horton. "Do your best and forget the rest"

This is a powerful phrase to remember. You have to build stamina and endurance over time to truly have the maximum benefit. So sometimes you wont see your weight change at all. Other times you may appear to gain a pound or two.
    Look at the overall picture. Are you clothes fitting better or even loose? If so, you're doing it.

My suggestion is lose your scale for a month. Dont look at it at all. Its not a good gauge for your improvements in the beginning.

Keep working , always give your best effort and remember to DIG DEEPER!
    The harder you work, the better the results. If you skip days, make them up. Missing one day of Insanity can really set you back.
    Making a habit of skipping days can destroy your results completely.

You are always welcome to message me about the program, Ive done alot of trial and error. This is my second time doing the program. So I can tell you where I messed up and where Ive seen good results.

Keep pressing play.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options

I am on Day 3. I am supposed to be around 1806 with the weight loss calculations that I did with the nutrition program. With what I burn according to my HRM, that would put me below my BMR, so I eat 1900 a day.
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Cupcakebettiejo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I finish on Sunday and have noticeable changes i am much smaller in my waist in fact i can feel the top of my abs, never thought i'd get to that stage! Not sure how much weight i've lost not weighed myself yet but i've dropped a dress size most of my jeans are too big. Tops and dresses i couldn't wear before now all fit. I am so much stronger than before too, really happy with that!

I didn't follow the nutritional plan just stuck to my TDEE -20%

I noticed i got smaller after about 2 weeks, then again after 1 month. Make sure you take those before pics they really help:)

Good luck!
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Bump

I started but had to stop after day 3 when I ended up with 3 sick kids all at the same time folowed by me being sick. I plan to restart it April 8th after I get home from a trip. I will only be able to do it Mon-Fri so not sure how great my results will be
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Insanity is my go-to workout. I've seen results in my fitness levels, and it's definitely a calorie scorcher.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    How quickly did everyone start seeing results? Like in the first couple of weeks?

By the end of the second week for me and I have a fair amount of weight still to lose.
  • sannieb2
    sannieb2 Posts: 4
    Options
    I seriously need some motivation and help..
    Im in week 6 3th day.. I measured myself and i sure lost some inches
    But the worst is that my fat is 40% at this point.it was 30... im 169lbs and 5'6 tall...
    Lost somw inches in the waist... what am I doing wrong???