Started C25K tonight, looking for "running" buddies!

Options
I'm really interested in "learning how to run." My husband has always been a runner and used to compete in marathons, but I was born with hip dysplasia and was told I'd never be able to run properly. I've used that as an excuse pretty much my whole life, but not anymore! I am going to run, damnit!

I knocked out 1.889 miles tonight and I can't wait to build on that. Oh, and lose some weight, too.

My goal is to be able to run a 5K by the end of the summer, and prove to my husband that I *CAN* do it!

Looking for running buddies to help me stay motivated and on track.

Or just any inspirational friends, really. I'm not picky. No creepers, please. HAHA!

Replies

• kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm starting next week! Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I did the first two weeks a couple months ago, then I stopped because of the snow. I signed up for 3 5K's, so I better get back on it! :)
  • camcd831
    camcd831 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Columbian Park Zoo Runrun is July 20th. It is a 5K. That would be a good one to sign up for.
    It is not too expensive and it goes through the streets over by the park. I will sign up and probably walk part and run part.
  • acstander
    acstander Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am on my 2nd to last week of my C25K training program, and then I'll probably start the 10K training program. I've always hated running and never thought I would ever be able to run more than a mile. You can totally do it!
  • phillrachel
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I signed up to run my first 5k the end of June. I have never been a runner. I blame it on my short legs (only 5 feet tall), but I don't think that is a good excuse. My husband hasn't ran all year and just ran a 5k on the treadmill in under 27 minutes. I hate men!!!! Just kidding. However I'm going to do this 5k and I'm going to rock it!
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I started last week. Did Week 2 Day 1 last night. I'll send a request.
  • Nexir
    Nexir Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I started do a C5K before month, but I was sick and I stopped... nah, I guess it's time to start again. Good Luck everyone <3
  • samik8907
    samik8907 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Going to attempt W1D1 tonight! Would love to have someone on the same week!
  • smileitconfusespeople
    Options
    i am starting C25K on Friday, feel free to add me!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I finished c25k last summer and I've been running ever since. Feel free to add.
  • katydidit79
    katydidit79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to do a 5k for forever!! I have plantar facitis and allowed that to stop me many times! My goal is to finally do one this summer! Let's do this!!
  • hockeywife91
    hockeywife91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 1 Day 3. Nervous about next week, but trying to only focus on today.
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I finished this program, never thought I could be a runner, did my first 5k 3/9/13 :) 34:50 for a 50 year old. Not too shabby. Follow the program, you will do great :)

Good luck!