Rewarding Yourself

Options

Replies

• Ashaleet
    Ashaleet Posts: 59
    Options
    My jeans are massive on me, so when I hit my first 15 pound mark, I bought one new pair of jeans. For small goals, shopping at a thrift store (Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc), are awesome! It can be a little hard to find things at those stores if you're on the plus-size side, but it wasn't too bad.

My other rewards I've thought of are a nice pair of boots, a haircut (I haven't gotten my haircut in 3 1/2 years! I'm gonna donate it :D), new jewelry (doesn't have to be expensive), and eventually, I'm going to buy a whole new wardrobe! My old clothes won't really work when I've lost almost 100 pounds!

Another great idea, which I'll probably use, is getting new fitness-related items for your goals. For instance, a new sports bra, a new pair of yoga pants, $50 to lululemon, a heart rate monitor.. you get the idea.

Hope you like the ideas! Good luck!

PS- a great idea is to make an inspiration board. You can make a sheet showing every pound you have to lose, and you can cross each one out, and write the reward pound numbers in a different color! Add some inspirational pictures/quotes, and of course a swimsuit or a piece of clothing you're gonna love phenomal in at your GW ;)

This was very nice =] I already have a white board with inspirational things and my goals. I think I might buy myself a nice food scale. Like from weight watchers or something.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    i buy a big stack of dvds (usually foreign films) and hand them over to my sister. for every 10lbs, i get a dvd. :)
  • Brandyacutebbw
    Brandyacutebbw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This might sound cheesy, but I am planning on buying myself a charm bracelet, that way every time I meet a goal, in this and in other parts of life, I'll get a charm to add to it, just a little charm to remind myself how well I am doing. I like jewelry so this reward system works for me
  • danielleburwell97060
    Options
    This might sound cheesy, but I am planning on buying myself a charm bracelet, that way every time I meet a goal, in this and in other parts of life, I'll get a charm to add to it, just a little charm to remind myself how well I am doing. I like jewelry so this reward system works for me

Love this!
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    So far I have rewarded myself with a fitbit and a heart rate monitor.

When I reach further goals i'm going to reward myself with some make up (have never owned any before), a lot of new clothes that are not baggy, a show jacket for horse riding and for my final goal some tickets to see a formula 1 race.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I don't really reward myself. Not on a "X number of pounds" scale anyways.

But I do get new clothes when my other ones don't fit as well. Good reason to go shopping :smile:
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    When I hit the 100 pound mark, I totally remodeled my closet. It was just the basic builders closet and I ripped everything out, painted it, and installed a nice closet system in a cherry finish. It was at that point I was mentally ready to get rid of my big clothes. They were not going back in my pretty new closet.
  • sharon_moyer
    Options
    I've read that when you want to reward yourself for reaching a weight goal that the reward should be a non-food reward. I like to read so I reward myself with a book. When I reach 163 which is a 10% weight loss from when I first started losing weight I plan to get a new outfit. When I reach my goal weight which is 150 I want to do something amazing for myself and then I want to do what I can to maintain that weight.
  • fitznewme2013
    Options
    20 lbs im getting a tanning package! 45 lbs will be after that and i havnt decided on that yet and goal weight i plan on getting my ribs tattooed
  • samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I put 50p in a jar for every mile I run & when I've got enough money I buy myself some better fitting clothes!
  • danholden4006
    danholden4006 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My problem is I haven't really set any weight loss goals. Growing up I never really received any rewards for anything I did. I always got the classic, "I know you got First Place but you can do better." or "When you quitting because you know you're a quitter." or "I don't have time for you because my life is more important." (that one was from my parents.) So personally for me achieving something doesn't really feel like achieving something.

I guess I'd like that as a reward. To feel like I have finally accomplished something or to finally have someone tell me I did a good job.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    When I get to my goal body fat, I will get custom free runs
  • fabulara
    fabulara Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    When I arrive in one-derland, I plan to buy myself a set of really nice workout clothes--maybe from athleta.com. I don't worry too much about buying fat sizes that I'll grow out of soon. I'm losing weight pretty slowly, so any clothes I buy will fit me for quite a long time. However, I'm not going to buy clothes as a reward all that often. Mostly I plan to reward myself with mani/pedis, yoga or dance classes, books or cds, or excursions to museums and galleries.
  • kgoodman0108
    Options
    So far I haven't rewarded myself. When I hit 20 lbs lost, I'm going to get the new Fitbit arm band. At the 30lb mark, I'm going to get highlights in my hair.

Thankfully I held on to some of my skinny clothes, so I wont have to buy an entire new wardrobe.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    After the next 5 pounds, I'm getting myself something nice from lululemon.
    After the next 5 pounds, I'm debating between a new bikini or treating myself to something sexy from Victoria's Secret! I don't own anything from there!
  • Scarlett_Belle
    Scarlett_Belle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My first goal (145lbs) I get to dye my hair a new color

my final goal (130lbs) I get to finish my tattoo :smooched: so excited! ! !
  • JessAilene86
    JessAilene86 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Going to a nice salon that I normally wouldn't spend the money on, and getting my hair done is always awesome. It makes you feel like a new person.
  • lisa799
    lisa799 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have mine listed in my profile - but I did 10 lb milestone rewards. So far, I've gotten a HRM & a new haircut/color.

Once I get closer to my goal, I'm buying new workout clothes! The good stuff!
  • lisa799
    lisa799 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    When I hit the 100 pound mark, I totally remodeled my closet. It was just the basic builders closet and I ripped everything out, painted it, and installed a nice closet system in a cherry finish. It was at that point I was mentally ready to get rid of my big clothes. They were not going back in my pretty new closet.
    Love this!! :-)
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I don't. I used to but found that it was depressing me b/c I was kind of holding things hostage til I hit my goals. Like new clothes. New clothes aren't just for thin people. They're for me too! Anyway, when I hit my goals, if I feel like doing something nice for myself, I will. But in the meantime, I'm not planning rewards b/c it's really counterproductive for ME.