plateau :(

Options
I've hit a dead end, I need some advice, I've been eating my 1200 calories a day and I weight the same as I did two and a half weeks ago. any advice on how I could kick my body back into gear? This is miserable :(

Replies

• WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I can understand the frustration. Are you doing cardio and weight training too? Have you watched what you've been eating too? You may need to cut some food out of your diet to help lose those pounds.

Don't give up; go running, do some elliptical, anything. Important thing is to be active and staying healthy. Even though you may be sticking to your 1200 goal, it's probably the food. But keep it up!
  • Careyann72
    Careyann72 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I stayed at the same weight for 2 months and then asked my personal trainer who teaches the boot camp class I am in what I was doing, he looked at my food log for 4 days and said I wasn't eating enough and I was staying around the 1200 calories. He recommended more protein, like a protein shake every afternoon, to watch the sugar intake and to do the boot camp 4 days instead of 3 when I can. However I will say I was losing inches with the class so that was good, I was still going in the right direction!
  • SIMA80
    SIMA80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Up your calories for 3-4 days...get your body into "shock" which will speed up your metabolism. You are not eating enough and so your body goes into starvation mode and begins to store instead of shed...
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I blindly followed MFP calorie recommendations down into the 1200's became miserable, hungry and not losing weight. I then figured a new calorie goal using "In Place of A Road Map" ate at maintenance for a few weeks then adjusted my calories accordingly downward via IPOARM . Now my calorie goal is 1580 and I eat back some of my exercise calories, trying to net around 1433. Of course as I have lost a bulk of the easy weight, it is simply going to come off more slowly and there are times I am still not losing, but I am not hungry and in general terms this is much more sustainable then 1200 something calories. I often eat 1500-1900 daily, depending on exercise and of course life in general.

If you do a search here in the forums there is lots of discussion on "In Place of A Road Map" I like to read others experiences as well, that too has been helpful. I started my maintenance in December and my 20% cut in January, I have lost about 11 pounds since the begin of the year.