Flat Stomach after C-Section?

Options
This is my first post to the forum since I normally use the mobile app to log everything but I had a question that seems to have conflicting answers when googled. I am 24 and was already slightly out of shape with a pudgy belly before I became pregnant. I had my sweet baby boy a little over a year ago by c-section. Since then I have lost all of my baby weight but have even more of a pudgy belly since my weight shifted during the pregnancy.

I would like to know if anyone on here has gone through a c-section and has been able to get a flat stomach after? Please include whether you were in shape before the pregnancy and what exercises you found best. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Replies

• kathrynG0705
    kathrynG0705 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Personally, I haven't lost my "overhang" :( I was overweight to begin with and had 3 major abdominal surgeries (2 CSections) so I am NO help. However, this thread is very motivational:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/670678-moms-that-lost-belly-hang-extra-flab-stretch-marks
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    It takes a long time but I've seen success stories on here. I'm 26 and was not in shape prior to kids. I had my oldest kid naturally (4 years ago), and then a c-section with my twins (2 years ago). My skin is slowwwwwwwwly going back to normal. With losing weight, my stomach has gotten more loose and squishy. I'm finding running/treadmill is helping suck it all in, in conjunction with good core exercises. Feel free to add me if you want!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    A properly done c section should have the incision just above the pubic bone so there is no reason that your belly can't be as flat as anyone else's. For most women it takes getting to a pretty low body fat % to get a flat belly with abs showing.
  • littlebugs_momma
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! It wasn't the biggest concern of mine, but I'd always been curious. I had a C-section almost 3 years ago and have been trying to lose the weight I gained during pregnancy. We'll see! :))
  • JenS2586
    JenS2586 Posts: 85
    Options
    It is possible. I had my csection for my twins 17months ago. If you look at my photos all photos except one in jeans and brown shirt were taken after my csection, anywhere from a few weeks to few months post csection. I got pregnant again 3months later for 3 months and then again few months later but my stomach was pretty flat within a few weeks. I didn't start off 'big' [in my eyes maybe] and didn't get very big during my pregnancy either so maybe that helped.