Warrior Dash

Options
xxghost
xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
I'm looking into signing up for the Warrior Dash. I'm a bit out of shape for it right now, but with it not taking place until late September, it will give me something to work toward.

Has anyone else participated in it, or something similar? If you're unfamiliar with Warrior Dash, it is an obstacle race.

Replies

• NicLyn
    NicLyn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did it a couple of years ago with no training. You can easily do it. It's only 3 miles and you are never running more than half a mile at a time because of the obstacles. The obstacles are no biggie, and if you can't get over it on your own complete strangers will help.

It was so much fun, we have moved on to the Tough Mudder for the last couple of years. It is a blast and fun to do with a SO or some friends, go for it!
  • Jarredgautreaux
    Jarredgautreaux Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Me and buddy did the WD last year and it was a blast. The obstacles where not as hard as i thought they would be. the only thing we did to get ready for the race was run 3 miles 3-4 times a week a few months before the race.

i cannot wait until the next one!!

i hope to be 20-30 lbs lighter this time :)
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for weighing in - I'm excited now.
  • countrygirl7mels
    Options
    I did the Rugged Maniac last year, and I heard it is harder than the Warrior Dash (I have not done both, so I can't personally verify that as fact). I am in pretty good shape, but honestly I saw all different body types and different fitness levels in the people around me. It was a lot of fun, really challenging, and I was glad I did it. I want to "compete" against myself and try to have a faster time this year. I say go for it, and have a great time!

P.S. I really do recommend the Rugged Maniac. If you do decide to sign up for the Rugged Maniac, you can use the code MS0001 and get 10% off, but that entirely up to you :).
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I did it with a friend in October. We started jooging about 2 months before but never more than like 30 mins at a time. Like others have said the most you'll run is about 1 mile, the rest of the time you are trudging through the mud or completing one of the obstacles. The obstacles aren't bad and if you don't want to do one all you have to do is walk around it. All in all it was a really fun time!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I'm looking into signing up for the Warrior Dash. I'm a bit out of shape for it right now, but with it not taking place until late September, it will give me something to work toward.

Has anyone else participated in it, or something similar? If you're unfamiliar with Warrior Dash, it is an obstacle race.

i've never competed in warrior dash but i have competed in rugged maniac (same thing mud race with obstacles) and i've competed in a zombie mud race plus a color race (not an obstacle race - they just chuck colored corn starch at you).

i LOVE THEM! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! seriously they are SO MUCH FUN. my first race was a mud race and after finishing i wanted to do another race and another and well you get the point. Getting ready to do rugged maniac in NC this april. if the race is in september you have plenty of time to train for it. make sure you do upper body strength training. you should definitely sign up - they are a blast!