Sprint intervals- What is your speed/ timing

Options
2»

Replies

• feenbean
    feenbean Posts: 4
    Options
    lol, i thought that at the time too! but it's achievable honest! and what a buzz you get when it happens. I started of maybe for 10/15 mins at first but it built up to 20 and according to my gym guy, 20 mins is all that is necessary. Actually its 17 kph, not mph! still fast but not mental! sorry for mix up.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    kind of depends on my mood

Sometimes I will walk at 3.5 for 4 min then sprint at 7.5 for 1 and repeat for 30 minutes.
    Other times I will walk at 3.0 for 2 minutes, sprint at 10 for 20 seconds and repeat for 15 minutes then walk for 15 without sprinting.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    lol, i thought that at the time too! but it's achievable honest! and what a buzz you get when it happens. I started of maybe for 10/15 mins at first but it built up to 20 and according to my gym guy, 20 mins is all that is necessary. Actually its 17 kph, not mph! still fast but not mental! sorry for mix up.

Yes, 10.5mph is very manageable.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options

Whew! i thought I was a REALLY BIG slacker! :laugh:

I never realized that my constant changing of the speeds on the treadmill was actually a GOOD thing! I just run until I am about tripping and then back it off and walk for a while. I never did like to follow rules!
  • pooki24
    pooki24 Posts: 31
    Options
    I do mine on the track so it's a little different. right now I'm just getting back into it so my base is 4x400 @ 90s ea, with 1x400 walk (~3:00) That gives me 3 miles including 800 warmup and 800 cool down. Once my base is a little more solid, I will move to 10x100 with 100 walk back (~60s)

Looking for other ideas too.
  • TFWLondon
    TFWLondon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We Use sprinting in the training for Warriors system in something we call a "Hurricane"

depending on the level (we have 5 just like the stom)

you sprint for 20 secs then rest for 20 then do push ups for 20 rest for 20 then sit ups for 20 rest for 20

if your doing it on a treadmill do 10% incline and start at 10kph

Have a look here for more info

http://209.173.135.228/what-is-a-hurricane/