Indoor Bouldering

Options
b0t23
b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
Seriously. If you are looking for an exercise that is fun, challenging, strength building, cardio pumping, with an aspect of it being a puzzle... try indoor bouldering or rock climbing. I'm sure there is one in your area, maybe?

Check this google images link for some examples

http://goo.gl/MWzVe

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I've been to my local one twice now and still have one more trip left on the groupon. I plan to get a pass for more trips because it's a lot of fun.
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    it is a such a great work out and the easier of the routes are totally doable for almost any fitness level, kind of like climbing a ladder or something. I bike, do yoga, do some running and stuff, but this is the funnest thing I have done in years.
  • McSpuddles
    Options
    Have you found a way to track bouldering in any health tracking apps? I use RunKeeper and MFP but can't find a way to track in either of them.

I started bouldering a year ago and it's still great fun. There's always new challenges and every time I go I can do a little bit more, looking back I've achieved a lot in a year. The people at the walls I go to are always friendly and helpful as well.
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    I have been looking into doing this for a couple of weeks now, I just need to find the time for my induction. Looks great fun, that is for sure, just hope when I go that it isn't too busy
  • Montarosa456
    Options
    Have you found a way to track bouldering in any health tracking apps? I use RunKeeper and MFP but can't find a way to track in either of them.

I climbed for many years inc Alpine, Ice, Indoor, Outdoor and a little bouldering...
    I only recently started estimating my calorie burn when climbing (which is rare these days) but I use the 'Cardio Trainer' application however I would be careful as these tend to 'over estimate' the burn...If you're at the bouldering wall for 3 hours you have to really carefully access how long in that 3 hours your actually moving for..a time consuming part of working the problems is reading the route and watching how others move...so you could lose a hour resting, watching and learning :)
    MFP does have 'climbing' in the database but again I do feel it's very generous...
    Hope that helps!