"The Change" my new life at 52

Options
At 6'1", 275lbs, today I start... "The Change"... to begin the process of getting my weight under control and living the rest of my life differently. I do have several physical challenges, but I have to be successful. I have had 2 back surgeries and am left with a very unstable lower back with significant arthritis, and also, have moderate to severe arthritis in both wrists and both knees. I openly want ideas on things to do for cardiovascular activities.

Replies

• bateslin
    bateslin Posts: 67
    Options
    At 6'1", 275lbs, today I start... "The Change"... to begin the process of getting my weight under control and living the rest of my life differently. I do have several physical challenges, but I have to be successful. I have had 2 back surgeries and am left with a very unstable lower back with significant arthritis, and also, have moderate to severe arthritis in both wrists and both knees. I openly want ideas on things to do for cardiovascular activities.

I cannot recommend aquatic classes enough. I have back and shoulder problems from vertically flipping my car 3 years ago. I have been doing a variety of aqua classes that strenthen balance, core, cardio, etc. Best part is it's high intensity but low impact. I have lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks of doing these classes. I'd suggest seeing if any gyms nearby offer such things.