Quick and Easy Meals for on the go sports mom

Options
Baseball and softball season starts next week. Any suggestions for quick fast healthy meals, will only have an hour or less between the kids getting home and having to be at the fields.

Thanks so much!!

New here so please feel free to friend me as well.

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Do you have a crock pot? Throw some boneless, skinless chicken thighs in there with a small can of green enchilada sauce, cook all day on low, shred, and serve as taco filling. You and your family can add toppings to taste and to fit within your daily goals--salsa, cheese, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, guacamole, lettuce, tomato, whatever. Refried beans on the side, maybe tortilla chips for the kids. Comes together very quickly.
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i do not use my crockpot very often but its a great tool....what works best for me is planning ahead....grilled chicken breast...grill quite a few of them and stick them in the refrigerator until whatever night you are eating, they can be used for anything...as a grilled chicken breast with veggies...shredded and in bbq sauce....as a quick stir fry....as chicken enchiladas...on top of a nice big hearty salad....possibilities are endless.
  • Barrettmomof3
    Barrettmomof3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I try and do alot of cooking on Sundays. This helps for the on the go nights.
  • mandymay8500
    Options
    I do have a crockpot, Thanks for the ideas!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    We have baseball (we run a club team) football (we are on a club team) tennis (all of us at dffierent days/times) and hip hop. Not to mention the boys homework. So I know the feeling. I have become the crock pot king. Also, sounds corny but we LOVE our Geroge Froeman grill. I can htrow frozen fish, chicken, burgers, whatever on it and it cooks them perfectly in just about 10 minutes.

Other than that, I spend a lot of Sundays premaking meals then vaccum sealing and freezing them. That helps a lot.