Music and Working Out!

Options
I realized I was getting bored with my workouts and runs and couldn't pin-point why. Until it hit me...it was my music! I was tired of hearing the same songs come up on my Ipod and realized that my music is an important component to staying motivated in working out. That being said, I bought and loaded new music onto my Ipod and found myself looking forward to working out and running again.

So...if you find yourself losing motivation, perhaps you should consider changing up your music. ;-)

Was just curious if anyone else feels the same about their workouts and music?

Replies

• dmahacek
    dmahacek Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm hooked on my specific group right now. As of now, it so happen s that the tunes I downloaded fit exactly into one of my cardio routines. I actually wait until the end of my workout to listen... the stuff at the gym drives me nuts, but once I'm done running, and lifting, I sit on the stationary bile and peddle to the tunes/then walk... great cool down! I love music!
  • bc119
    bc119 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    vleebow, I feel the exact same! Downloading new music or putting together a new playlist actually MAKES me want to go workout!

Wish I could put new music on there all the time but at the same time I've had some great workouts zoning out to some of my favourite songs (that aren't new).
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I did the C25K program with NO music just to get my breathing and rhythm right, but I feel ya! The right music will perk you up and you go faster and longer! I have a large playlist so I haven't gotten bored yet, but I do click to skip some songs so may have to edit it soon... Music definitely made my runs better!
  • vleebow
    vleebow Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    vleebow, I feel the exact same! Downloading new music or putting together a new playlist actually MAKES me want to go workout!

Wish I could put new music on there all the time but at the same time I've had some great workouts zoning out to some of my favourite songs (that aren't new).

Ha ha! When I say "new" music, it's actually "old" tunes I've purchased because I love it so much. What sucks is it's now $1.29 per song and in order to get the music I wanted/needed (lol) I dropped over $50 on Itunes. Guess it was worth it though, since the new tunes have motivated me.