30 day shred level 3 question

Options
Alright so I decided 20 days ago that I wanted to do the 30 day shred. I did level 1 like a champ, after the first 5 days it was too easy for me and I was modifying it to be harder. Level 2 was difficult, but I was able to everything by really pushing myself, and felt so good afterwards. Today I started level 3. It was a disaster. I'm talking, I don't even feel tired afterwards because I wasn't even able to do half of the moves. Not even because they were too hard, I just could not do them.

Has anyone had this problem? and if so what did you do?

At one point I just say screw the ab workout at the end because I couldn't figure it out and I just started dong bicycle crunches.

I feel so discouraged, but I do not want to give up after giving this program 100% for 20 days.

Replies

• jvnoonway
    jvnoonway Posts: 24
    Options
    I am not to level 3 yet. I would say to NOT feel discouraged. If you cannot do level 3, just stick to level 2, even if you feel you're not getting a great workout, do it for another week or so , and see then if week 3 is any better.
  • rgrin
    rgrin Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Devote one day to a "learning day". Don't worry about the burn, but focus on directions and form. Then, when you do it for real later that day or the next day, you will know what you are doing and not get lost so easily. Don't give up!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way, like I wasn't getting a great workout because I struggled through so much. I'd just keep up with it if I were you. I know that I got better as it as I went on & finished up the 30 days. I just started it over again because now I feel like I can really put more into it after finishing it once.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, you will get it! Ive done it before and even now level 3 kicks my *kitten*
  • etruxell
    etruxell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks guys! I'm going to try again tomorrow, hopefully it's not as pathetic as today. I was nearly in tears today because with moves that are too hard I can at least push and push myself, but with moves that I just cannot do it's frustrated, because I am trying so hard!
  • girlfromOklahoma
    girlfromOklahoma Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out that ab exercise in the last circuit of level 3 either. I've tried it the "beginner" way and the "advanced" way. Neither way works out my abs at all. My legs and arms however hurt like hell when I do it. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, just can't figure out what that is. I too have considered doing a different ab exercise during that part of the video.
  • texastm
    texastm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    In the same boat here. I am only on my second day of L3, but it was by far the worst work out I have had in a long time. The jump lunges and squats kill my legs and the move where you are in plank on dumbbells hurts my hands. I gave it about 75% effort today because it was so freakin' hard. I'm so discouraged.