Cheapest Protein Whey Powder that tastes really good?

Options
Suggestions please. I hate to be the cheap one but eating healthy gets expensive. Suggestions on which ones y'all all purchase, whey protein powders for shakes?

Thanks in advance! :wink:

Replies

• Juka80
    Juka80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump want to know too. :) Thanks.
  • lyssad86
    lyssad86 Posts: 31
    Options
    Bump. I was given some Jillian Michaels Vanilla Shake protein powder, but I don't know how much it costs normally. I'd love to know what others use that is tasty and cheap when I run out.
  • ammadove
    ammadove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Not sure what area you live in but here in Maryland we have a store called Giant. They sell a store brand called "Fitness" that is whey & soy protein you can mix with water and it provides 25g of protein per serving and only 120 calories. It is the cheapest I have found and it's really tasty.
    I also mix it with vanila greek yogurt sometimes. Again, very tasty.
  • wendyarms
    Options
    They all are about the same price, but I have found that Jay Robb Whey Protein is the bomb! I really like the Pina Colada one. It runs about $30 for 24 oz. You can get online at VitaCost.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    all protein powders taste lake crap..

also most are artificially sweetened so by all means check open food diaries on users who openly speak against aspartame and sucralose then use them in their powders.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Suggestions please. I hate to be the cheap one but eating healthy gets expensive. Suggestions on which ones y'all all purchase, whey protein powders for shakes?

Whey isn't healthy due to it being highly insulinogenic
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

Whey isn't healthy due to it being highly insulinogenic

it also has a higher propensity to be used as an energy...
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    milk
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Disregard the hand slapping, people seem to love to do that around here.

I've most recently tried the vanilla Body Fortress Brand (purchased at Walmart). It was less than $20 and comparable to the Nutrilite (Amway) brand I was using previously (which is almost triple that amount).
  • Daresie
    Daresie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I buy CytoSport from Costco. It comes in vanilla or chocolate flavor. A 6# bag costs almost $50, so it isn't cheap - but I don't know how it compares to other brands/stores. A scoopful has 27g of protein.

I just checked the ingredients, and it does have some sucralose - it is listed #8 of the 9 ingredients, so not a lot, but there is at least some if that is a concern for you. I haven't ever used it solo - we always make smoothies with it. My son is a distance runner and I use it mostly for him.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Bodyfortress is popular, chocolate.
  • melly0224
    melly0224 Posts: 15
    Options
    Body Fortress from Walmart. I like Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Market Pantry generic from Target. Although, the price has gone up so it's almost the same as EAS now.
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    bump
  • Windzer
    Windzer Posts: 104
    Options
    Not sure how serious you are about your whey, but it may be better to spend on the better quality product as sometimes they do not contain the amount of whey indicated on the label

i.e.:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/tcpmt/american_pure_whey_is_american_pure_****/ (starts are a 4 letter word for poop)

I use Optimum Nutrition, 60g or brotein per serving
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress tastes good.

I used to get EAS but was forced to try something new and decided I liked Body Fortress better.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Bought mine at Walmart for $15 body fortress chocolate 140 cals 26 g protein I mix a scoop w 1 1/2 cups skim milk yum!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. I pay pay a little under $60 for a 5 pound tub, after shipping. The extremem milk chocolate tastes great. If you put mix it with ice cold water, it really tastes just like a yahoo staright out of the fridge.

edit to add: I buy from bodybuilding.com
  • BigRedgw2010
    BigRedgw2010 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I take Pure Protein by Eat Good Look Great. You can get it from Wal Mart for under $20 for 22 servings. It has 25g of proetin, 8g of Carbs, 3g of fat and 2g of sugar per serving and it taste great with water.
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress from Wally World $16 a tub. They have 26g of protein per scoop. The new formula will have 30g per scoop. I use it in smoothies so the taste is good.