Cheapest Protein Whey Powder that tastes really good?

Options

Replies

• MsJourno
    MsJourno Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Whole Food's Organic Whey Protein. Contains stevia extract instead of artificial sweetners and is yummy. A little expensive but pays for itself in terms of health investment. Avoid those containing artificial sweeteners/aspartame.
  • brentalanrhodes
    brentalanrhodes Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Walgreens protein powder is actually pretty good. 26gm of protein, 150 calories. $20 for 23 servings
  • ekburnet
    ekburnet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You might like to check out the reviews on Amazon.com. You will also get an idea of the costs for various brands. :drinker: Here's to your health.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    This is not a powder or cheap but you did mention healthy so....

Cliff Builder Bars are good and "all natural" whatever that means. Not the lowest in calories (270) but they do have 20g of protein.

So yeah, glad I could NOT answer your question. I like peanut butter chocolate.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. I pay pay a little under $60 for a 5 pound tub, after shipping. The extremem milk chocolate tastes great. If you put mix it with ice cold water, it really tastes just like a yahoo staright out of the fridge.

sqBmE.gif
  • Kathymomof4
    Options
    Disregard the hand slapping, people seem to love to do that around here.

I've most recently tried the vanilla Body Fortress Brand (purchased at Walmart). It was less than $20 and comparable to the Nutrilite (Amway) brand I was using previously (which is almost triple that amount).

Thanks missy! I will check into it. :wink:
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein : Vanilla or Chocolate
    $20 at Target but I've found in as low as $13. Also check for coupons.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    People! You get what you pay for. Buy cheap low priced nutritional products and guess what you get? Low quality results.

Shoot for a whey protein isolate... I've seen 3lbers for $50 which is actually a good price for a high quality protein like that.

I use Isolate Complete by Nutracore nutrition. 3lbs for $50, tastes really good, is a high quality cold filtered and cold processed protein, has added CLA and L-carnitine for fat burning, really good amount of antioxidants added in, and a probiotic. It doesn't get any better than that protein for weightloss.

go to www.facebook.com/tnMansfield and message them... they'll ship anywhere for you.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I also get the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. I haven't met a flavor from them that I hadn't liked, and I don't think that it is too expensive depending on where you buy it from. My local GNC was having a huge sale on it about a month ago, so I got 2 large tubs for about $90. That supply will last me well into summer since each tub has over 70 servings.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Not sure how serious you are about your whey, but it may be better to spend on the better quality product as sometimes they do not contain the amount of whey indicated on the label

i.e.:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/tcpmt/american_pure_whey_is_american_pure_****/ (starts are a 4 letter word for poop)

I use Optimum Nutrition, 60g or brotein per serving

I've heard similar claims about body fortress (what I'm currently using). Just had some trutein shipped to my condo, but haven't tried it yet as it's sitting in the office and I won't be home during their hours until tomorrow. :cry:
  • Kathymomof4
    Options
    Body Fortress from Walmart. I like Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor.

Thank ya! Will look into it and sounds yummy. :wink:
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard is my favorite. I bought a 2lb tub of it from GNC when it was on sale for $30. I got strawberry and I really like it with almond/coconut milk.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Just make your own protein shake with 1 cup Fat free Cottage Cheese,1 cup skim milk,1 Tbsp "all natural" peanut butter,5 Ice cubes 1/2 a package of sugar free chocolate pudding mix. Has something like 45 grams of Protein.

otherwise the premade ones are good the Naked Protein Zone ones are awesome tasting or the Main Street Cafe ones taste really good especially the Peach one of that one.
  • Kathymomof4
    Options
    thanks everyone! I appreciate it.
  • fiftytogofast
    fiftytogofast Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    +1 for ON Gold Standard Extreme milk chocolate tastes awesome and mixes easily with water.
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    People! You get what you pay for. Buy cheap low priced nutritional products and guess what you get? Low quality results.

Shoot for a whey protein isolate... I've seen 3lbers for $50 which is actually a good price for a high quality protein like that.

I use Isolate Complete by Nutracore nutrition. 3lbs for $50, tastes really good, is a high quality cold filtered and cold processed protein, has added CLA and L-carnitine for fat burning, really good amount of antioxidants added in, and a probiotic. It doesn't get any better than that protein for weightloss.

go to www.facebook.com/tnMansfield and message them... they'll ship anywhere for you.

I'm with this guy. Optimum Nutrition - 4.5 lbs whey isolate at COSTCO for $55. 55 servings and really only needed on workout days (3 times per week. I use it as a post workout only. This way it supply's what I need when I need it. No reason to overdo it! 140 cals 60 protein, 3 carb, 1 fat. No sugars added. I sometimes do the walmart brand, but it is concentrate/ isolate blend and has sugar added for taste. I like my natural sugars..not added crap.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options

I'm with this guy. Optimum Nutrition - 4.5 lbs whey isolate at COSTCO for $55. 55 servings and really only needed on workout days (3 times per week. I use it as a post workout only. This way it supply's what I need when I need it. No reason to overdo it! 140 cals 60 protein, 3 carb, 1 fat. No sugars added. I sometimes do the walmart brand, but it is concentrate/ isolate blend and has sugar added for taste. I like my natural sugars..not added crap.

Given that protein is just over 4 cals / g haw can 60*4 (=240). Be less than 140 cals?
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have Wegman's vanilla whey protein that I'm finishing up. I also have some "body by vi" soy protein. The last few days when I'm not hitting my protein for the day I've been mixing both with almond milk (22 protein & 175 cal). I was going to look for something with a higher protein count as soon as my whey was gone so thanks for the ideas. I've tried protein bars but just can't stomach them!
  • FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I USE VANILLA WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE AT KROGER. ITZ $25.99. 30 GRAMS OF PROTEIN N ONE SCOOP. PUT MINE N OATMEAL. I JUX RECENTLY DISCOVERED RAW PROTEIN @ WHOLE FOODS. I GOT VANILLA & CHOCOLATE. ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS EVEN DAIRY , LACTOSE & GLUTEN FREE.
  • shosho420
    shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Why does it all have to be chocolate or vanilla? I use hemp protein powder just because it doesn't destroy the taste of my smoothies.