Just started Insanity! Has this worked for anyone??

Options

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I seriously need some motivation and help..
    Im in week 6 3th day.. I measured myself and i sure lost some inches
    But the worst is that my fat is 40% at this point.it was 30... im 169lbs and 5'6 tall...
    Lost somw inches in the waist... what am I doing wrong???

I have no idea what you are saying.
  • sannieb2
    sannieb2 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thats the othwr problem im dutch... :))

My problem is

How come my fat went up to 40% instead of down...
    Im sure i am doing something wrong.
  • micheleb15
    Options
    Thats the othwr problem im dutch... :))

My problem is

How come my fat went up to 40% instead of down...
    Im sure i am doing something wrong.

Ok I read that wrong, I thought you were upset that it's now 30%. How are you measuring body fat?
  • sannieb2
    Options
    With a professional scale... it measures 40.3... im about to be an obese person...
    Thats what the information says on the internet.
    My muscles are 25%... also gone up with 3%...
  • bloomeenie
    Options
    It works. Did not officially start insanity until a month after i got the discs. Watched the Fit Test disc first and did one or two exercises at a time until i was comfortable doing all of them. Just to build up endurance. But once i started Insanity, I loved it. It's hard and you have to be dedicated but you will see results. Love Shaun T. You will sweat. After finishing Insanity, bought Hip Hop Abs, now doing a combination of both programs. I plan on doing the Insanity 60 day workout again tho. It is addictive.
  • micheleb15
    Options
    With a professional scale... it measures 40.3... im about to be an obese person...
    Thats what the information says on the internet.
    My muscles are 25%... also gone up with 3%...

I don't trust electronic body fat devices. There are too many things that can mess with the results, such as water intake. I dont think it's possible to lose what you have, but gain fat. Maybe try some calipers for a more accurate reading.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yes I love Insanity! I just finished the program on the weekend now I am doing a hybrid of asylum/Insanity :)
  • kimckelleher
    kimckelleher Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started March 1 and have lost 4.5 pounds as of today. I'm also an older woman (post menapause) and am delighted to be losing the weight given my very slow metabolism at this age. Also great exercise motivator. I have choosen the goal of losing 1 pound per week and plan on staying with the program for a year to get to my goal.

I'm also looking at changing long term eating habits for a healthier life style so I'm not in any hurry to get a certain number of pounds off by any deadlines.

Wish you much success in your journey!
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I want to try this program out so badly... but we are in the midst of a serious financial crunch at home right now. Maybe I can scrape a few bucks together every week and see if I can afford it before summer really kicks in. I just will sit and whimper at all of your successes for now LOL

Well maybe not "sit"... I am doing cardio DVDs as well as C25K training so, I will walk and jump and squat and stretch and whimper. ;)
  • sannieb2
    Options
    Thank you for your advice... ill make an appointment at the gym for a acurate measurement.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Bump

I started but had to stop after day 3 when I ended up with 3 sick kids all at the same time folowed by me being sick. I plan to restart it April 8th after I get home from a trip. I will only be able to do it Mon-Fri so not sure how great my results will be

I do insanity when I can, I can't follow the programme and do 6 days a week, and I am still seeing results. I do it 5 x usually, I just follow the order and just add in extra rest days the days I can't work out.

Doing it like that is better than not doing it al all!
  • Jass_mal
    Jass_mal Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When I started my journey with mfp, I began with insanity, finished one round and decided to do a second round. I started out at 150lbs and after all was said and done, I got down to 123lbs with good eating and my cheat meals every weekend. I definately aquired many positive things. My endurance went up, my energy levels went up, got some good definition. The program is tough but it definately works. What ever you do, don't give up, no matter how many breaks you have to take and you will be happy with the end result. Also, there are several people on my fl that didn't see a huge change in the scale but they did loose inches and gained so much more so don't get discouraged by the evil scale. I've been maintaining my weight since September now and my profile pic is recent. Hope this helps.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I use Insanity as part of my fitness routine but not daily. I spin, run, walk, lift weights, and have a variety of workout videos. I need to mix it up because I'd get bored doing Insanity everyday for 60 days. Its a great workout, I like some of the DVD's more than others.
  • mhendrix75
    mhendrix75 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Day 3, Week 3 -

I can honestly say that this program is something you have to take in stride. Understand that you aren't meant to be able to keep up. It is an intense cardio workout that even the fitest people will struggle with. Anyone that tells you they can keep pace from day one is lying to you.
    If Shaun T, the trainer is winded... you better believe you will be.

I use a phrase that is more commonly known from P90X with Tony Horton. "Do your best and forget the rest"

This is a powerful phrase to remember. You have to build stamina and endurance over time to truly have the maximum benefit. So sometimes you wont see your weight change at all. Other times you may appear to gain a pound or two.
    Look at the overall picture. Are you clothes fitting better or even loose? If so, you're doing it.

My suggestion is lose your scale for a month. Dont look at it at all. Its not a good gauge for your improvements in the beginning.

Keep working , always give your best effort and remember to DIG DEEPER!
    The harder you work, the better the results. If you skip days, make them up. Missing one day of Insanity can really set you back.
    Making a habit of skipping days can destroy your results completely.

You are always welcome to message me about the program, Ive done alot of trial and error. This is my second time doing the program. So I can tell you where I messed up and where Ive seen good results.

Keep pressing play.

Great advice !!! I am in week 7 of insanity. I started to see really good results around week 3-4. I have lost almost 13 pounds, and about 8 inches all over. Down two sizes. My goal was only to drop about 15-20 pounds at the most, so I am very happy with the results. I have never felt better physically and mentally. Oh and I did not follow the meal plan. I have just been doing my own thing and eating healthy.
  • taciturnity
    taciturnity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 1, Day 5. I love it so far. I can't keep up with every single thing (who can?), but I do my best and keep moving. I've stayed consistently sore, which I love and hate.

But the calendar is perfect for my Type A personality. :)
  • biddy81
    biddy81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 day 3, and I'm still exactly the same weight and size that I was when I started. That said, I can see that the "size" has shifted a little - my stomach looks a little flatter, my butt is higher and more shaped - and oh MAN do I have more stamina! I also do various Middle Eastern dance classes, and in my Bhangra class I was able to do countless REAL jumping jacks instead of modified ones without passing out! I'm definitely going to stick with it and work through to the end, because even if I stay the same weight, I'll still be fitter and stronger. Gotta say, I must be insane, because I feel addicted. :)
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    How quickly did everyone start seeing results? Like in the first couple of weeks?

I'm a 48 year old woman. I'm on week 4. (3rd day in) and I started seeing subtle changes after week 2. At this point I'm smaller all over. My butt too has lifted. My boobs (pretty big chested) has also lifted. My daughter said it looks like im coming in. meaning width wise. Husband says there is a noticable difference and that I feel smaller when he holds me. I too am not following the diet plan. Just staying within my calories. I love it and highly recommend it for quick results. Shaun T is coming out with a new program this summer called T25. workouts are only 25 minutes each.
  • Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    Day 3, Week 3 -

I can honestly say that this program is something you have to take in stride. Understand that you aren't meant to be able to keep up. It is an intense cardio workout that even the fitest people will struggle with. Anyone that tells you they can keep pace from day one is lying to you.

I use a phrase that is more commonly known from P90X with Tony Horton. "Do your best and forget the rest"

This is a powerful phrase to remember. You have to build stamina and endurance over time to truly have the maximum benefit. So sometimes you wont see your weight change at all. Other times you may appear to gain a pound or two.
    Look at the overall picture. Are you clothes fitting better or even loose? If so, you're doing it.

My suggestion is lose your scale for a month. Dont look at it at all. Its not a good gauge for your improvements in the beginning.

The harder you work, the better the results. If you skip days, make them up. Missing one day of Insanity can really set you back.

You are always welcome to message me about the program, Ive done alot of trial and error. This is my second time doing the program. So I can tell you where I messed up and where Ive seen good results.

Keep pressing play.

Great advice !!! I am in week 7 of insanity. I started to see really good results around week 3-4. I have lost almost 13 pounds, and about 8 inches all over. Down two sizes. My goal was only to drop about 15-20 pounds at the most, so I am very happy with the results. I have never felt better physically and mentally. Oh and I did not follow the meal plan. I have just been doing my own thing and eating healthy.

This is what Im talking about!

Bottom line .. Forget the scale .. throw it away if you have to... All you need to do is press play and DIG DEEPER!
    Push yourself.. increase water ..

Remember to monitor your fit test results and at the end .. you're going to be so happy you'll be planning the next series!
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Day 3, Week 3 -

Keep pressing play.

Great advice Dr_Flo!

Today I began Week 3 of Month 2 of Insanity. So far, I'm 14.5 lbs down, can fit into pants/shirts I haven't worn in years and have noticed the best results in my legs and butt. Dr_Flo's advice above is spot-on. Just keep pressing play and do what you can to get through the workout - you will get better each week and be able to do more. It's amazing actually - the first time you see some of the exercises you'll say "uh, no way - I'll never be able to do that". Then, 3 weeks later or so, you're not only doing that exercise but dominating it!

I started to notice changes in my legs/butt and on the scale about week 3. Since then, with the help of logging everything in MFP and keeping close to MFP's diet recommendations, I've steadily lost about 1.5-2.5 lbs a week. I plan on posting my Insanity progress pics on here soon when I finish the program.

My fitness level is better now than at any time in my life I can remember - even after I completed P90X about 5 years ago. I notice the change in every thing I do from just walking down the street to walking up stairs to getting out of a chair/my bed. I'm stronger, my posture is better, and I can really push myself now without getting winded. Next up, The Asylum!
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm on round 3 of Insanity: 3.24 - round 3, week 4, day 24 I love it! As most of those who are further into it have said, it's a tough workout, but totally doable!

It does not get easier, but you get better.

My advice is always go at your own pace, watch your form, get some good cross trainers (not running shoes), modify what you have to and give your 100% each time. Take pictures and measurements and continue to do so throughout your 63 days (I ended up doing pics every rest day; and measurements about 4-5 times throughout. best.idea.ever.) The scale will not show all of the awesome progress/changes that your body is making.
    ****During round 1, I hit week 3 and people had lost 5-10 lbs or dropped a size or two already; I'd only lost 3 lbs and put on a pair of shorts that actually felt tighter. I was pissed. I told my husband to just go get us some doughnuts for breakfast. haha He convinced me to go ahead and do my measurements and weekly pics anyway. I was down 7 inches and could see noticeable differences in my body that I didn't see looking in the mirror everyday. (We are our own worst critics AND we see ourselves everyday, so it's hard to notice the changes.)****

The only other thing I always make sure to mention is nutrition. You have to fuel your body for these workouts! You will want to be watching the number of calories you net. My first round I (not on purpose) often had days where I wasn't even netting my BMR and I now know that that's a big no-no and can impede your progress.

I 'only' lost 8 lbs my first round but 27 inches overall. (hope I remember how to post a pic on here)

wmbh2t.jpg

Dig deep and keep pushing play and you'll be good to go!

Feel free to add me if you'd like. Having other Insaniacs along for the ride is always helpful too. :D

Oh, and if anyone uses Instagram, I'm @csuperstar02. There are a ton of people doing Insanity using Ig; great for motivation! :D