A little pick-me-up!

faithstephenson
faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
So, I was a little discouraged this morning when I was only .4 pounds down from last week, even though I was lower last Saturday. I know all the stuff, weight varies, I'm probably retaining a little water from having really sore muscles, since I took last week off of the gym, but still...discouraging. THEN! I was looking for some pants to wear to the gym and found an old skirt...size 20. My 22's that I've been wearing for a few months have been getting a little roomy (:smile: ), so I decided to try it on and see how close I was to that next size. And it turns out....I'M RIGHT THERE!!! I didn't have to suck in or anything. And my legs weren't pulling at the seams (it's a fairly straight skirt and I've always had that problem, even when it fit me before)! That really lifted my day:happy:

Replies

• nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    That's great news! :smile:

I know how frustrating it is when the scale barely moves - but at the end of the day, it's how healthy we are all getting, and how much better our clothes are fitting. Yes, weight is important, but it IS just a number. Keep at it!

I know that today I'm wearing pants I haven't worn for 3 years, and even then I just bought them b/c they were on sale - they were a little tight. They fit great now!! :happy:
  • CFaye
    CFaye Posts: 59
    Thats amazing!!! I am so happy for you!!
  • pattyco23
    pattyco23 Posts: 5 Member
    Faith your doing great, I cant wait till Im in a 20 again! Its been so long and motivation gets harder. your doing great, your my idol for the day.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    That's great! I love when clothes fit just right! :happy: I'd love for clothes to fit JUST right. I'm in between sizes and it can be a little frustrating, but I'd rather them be too big than too small!! Great going, again!
  • amyday1
    amyday1 Posts: 35
    Isnt that FUN. And just think you are building muscle which is going to help burn calories. So tell that scale to do what it wants, YOU are DOING IT.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    That's great! The little things make a difference and we totally lose sight of that when we focus on the scale. Sometimes you can't JUST rely on the scale but you have to see how your clothes fit.

At my heaviest, I wore 24s (and sometimes 26s) and now can wear 10/12s... depending on the cut. I have plateaued on and off for the past year along with yo-yoing back and forth. Through it all, I stayed in my 12s. I've lost 18 lbs since Feb and have said buh-bye to my 12s. Yesterday I wore some size 10 khakis with NO elastic while suffering through PMS... what a great feeling to be able to fit into them even while feeling like a heifer!

keep up the great work. You are a part of a wonderful, supportive community and surrounded by people who love to hear success stories. Just as people will tell you "GREAT JOB", you will be an inspiration to someone who is looking for motivation. keep sharing the victories!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    You must be feeling great now:) 4lbs is a lot to lose in a week ,I would be obver the moon with that at my first weigh in fingers crossed .
    Its lovely when you fit into something that you havent for ages .
  • faithstephenson
    ScarletDarcy- Thanks:) I just want to be clear, because I don't want anyone thinking I'd be bummed about 4 pounds. It was 4/10 of a pound, and my goal is 2 pounds a week. I'm glad it's a loss and not a gain, I was just hoping for closer to my goal.
  • What a great feeling! Congrats!! :happy:
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    You are really doing amazing! Great job!!!
  • faithstephenson
    ScarletDarcy- Thanks:) I just want to be clear, because I don't want anyone thinking I'd be bummed about 4 pounds. It was 4/10 of a pound, and my goal is 2 pounds a week. I'm glad it's a loss and not a gain, I was just hoping for closer to my goal.

Oops! Susiewusie, not scarletdarcy. Sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!