Down -102 lbs

Options
king8747
king8747 Posts: 24 Member
Finally hit my goal of losing 100 lbs, actually surpassed it by -2lbs :) I started my lifestyle change on October 1st 2011 at 340 lbs and melted an incredible -50 lbs off in 28 days, yes I said 4 weeks to the day! I went on a extreme calorie reduction for the first week after a 4 day vacation in Vegas, honestly I couldn’t eat without my stomach hurting with excruciating pain - 4 days in Vegas on a liquid diet did a number on me :( , I then started eating healthy like Subway and watching my fat grams and eating small portions and started training for a 5k walk for work. The treadmill was tough for a big guy like me and I swear I sweated most of that 50lbs off just doing cardio, I made up my own weight lifting routine of lifting heavy straight off the treadmill when my heart rate was high. I maintained that loss for 9-10 months with just lifting a few times a week and no cardio but the main thing that kept it off was MFP and calorie counting, knowing what I was putting in my body. I logged most of my food and during my 5 day work week I was good, cheated on the weekends but hey I maintained.
Six months ago I decided to get serious and step it up so I cleaned up my food intake again to include mostly Lean & Green and this time QUIT all alcohol intake - I enjoyed cocktails quite regularly. I started lifting heavy 3-4 times a week and voila another -52lbs gone.
I am still very much a work in progress as I just weighed in on a body composition scale like 2 weeks ago and it said I still have 60lbs of fat on my frame, new goal is to shave another -40lbs off and hit "onederland" just to say I was there ha - then I plan on bulking on some muscle and getting back to being a semi big guy again as I currently feel small / lean and not myself despite my big gut which is probably a good portion of skin but that is a whole different story, time to get some AB work in I guess and find out for sure.
Anyways just like I have read over and over "You can do anything You put Your Mind to, just commit and STOP with the Excuses!!" ~ Peace
King

PS - First time posting pics so crossing my fingers lol

2002-2004 Somewhere in there - HEAVY @ least 340lbs maybe more

8c586a65-889f-4f7a-a4f5-70b8b7de8fb4_zps13b4535d.jpg

Aug 2011 - 340lbs

Aug2011_zps2890a8d4.jpg

Spring 2012 down -50lbs

Spring2012_zps1d54c528.jpg

March 2013 down -102lbs #LikeaBoss

322413Aero_zpse3ac2def.jpg

0315133Piece_zps0df5e813.jpg

Aeropostale Skinny Jeans LMAO - my kid took me shopping

032613Mined_zps71439ca5.jpg

My Baby Guns - ha

be4406f4-1d69-42c1-b8ad-e90a3ee65922_zps96ebe94e.jpg

Mar2013-102lbs_zps84deb670.jpg

Currently sitting at 238lbs

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, congratulations!:drinker:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, well done! :happy:
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! You look amazing! :smile:
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    That's serious work, well done, you look fantastic!
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You have shaped up extremely well. Congratulations on a successful journey!
  • grapefruitannie
    grapefruitannie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    fabulous work well done keep up the good work :)
  • _AalexisA_
    _AalexisA_ Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    you look AMAZING!!! keep up the great work
  • Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You've done an incredible job, really proud of you!!
  • kgilbert75
    kgilbert75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! You should be very proud of yourself for this great accomplishment!
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    so amazing and inspiring =)
  • belleparis
    belleparis Posts: 111
    Options
    Congrats!!! Looking great. My fav pic s the one w the skinny jeans!!! Ur hard work has paid off. Cheers! :drinker:
  • Davariluv
    Davariluv Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh MAN, freaking awesome...no stopping now. Looking great!! and most importantly healthy :)
  • 62clpowell
    62clpowell Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself for this great accomplishment awesome Job!!! :wink:
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You did an amazing job! Hearty congratulations!
  • king8747
    Options
    Not bad for being 40 I guess ha, maybe a little mid life crisis in the mix too. Feels weird to wear clothes so much smaller and better fitting, used to wear 3XL shirts, 44in pants, size 62L suit coat and now I'm rocking XL shirts, 36in pants - skinny jeans at that lol and a 48L suit coat - I am in love with all my new suits I just bought for work since I hit my goal, I dropped a few stacks shopping as a personal reward :)
  • Elizabeth3385
    Options
    Way to go! You look amazing!
  • dawnj87
    dawnj87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Awesome! you did an amazing job and just look at your rewards. Way to go! :happy:
  • sweaterpoo
    Options
    Great job, keep up the good work, and good choice for a reward! Buying new clothes not ice cream! Lol
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL! Truly inspirational, and makes my initial 17lb. loss seem like nothing =P Keep up the great work buddy!
  • king8747
    Options
    Thank You ALL for the kinds words and encouragement guess I needed that to help me to stay inspired and keep going on my journey, probably why I made this topic :)
    King
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!