Trying to increase calories based on BMR/TDEE

Options
So I decided to calculate my BMR and TDEE after educating myself about what these are.

My BMR indicated that I need to consume 2710 calories per day and my TDEE for light activity (which I might be closer to moderate but I'll just stick to light for now) is at 3726.

25% under my TDEE is 2794.

My concern is how the heck do I consume that many calories a day cleanly? Normally, I eat 4-6 times per day and consume between 1800-2100 calories in a normal day with 8-10 glasses of water and rarely find myself hungry throughout the day.

I'm trying to keep my sodium level below 2500mg and seem to have trouble doing that consistently.

Any tips or recipes for getting my calorie count up to around 2800 without having my sodium, sugar, fat, etc go through the roof?

I'm pretty new to this but I have been religiously entering everything I eat into MFP and read all labels before I buy or consume anything. I want to maximize my weight loss and it seems the BMR/TDEE method is the way to go but I'm stuck on the amount of calories I need to consume.

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Cleanly is the tough part. I'll have a dinner of two huge 4 ounce tilapia fillets grilled, a boat load of steamed brussel sprouts, and a bit of bread and that meal only comes in around 500 calories. I have a hard time getting over 1800 in a day unless I start throwing in PBJ's, pizza, and what not.
  • PorchOfGeese
    Options
    bump