what running app do you use on your iphone/smartphone?

Options
I use to use mapmyrun. I switched to Strava but the GPS cuts out and doesnt log my entire run.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I prefer Endomondo or Runtastic over MapMyRun.
  • RumRum85
    RumRum85 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I use Adidas miCoach in my Blackberry. I've also tested it in Android devices and iPhone and it works really well and in the webpage ou may see a lot of detailed info about your workout.
  • sccet
    sccet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper and Seconds Pro.
  • sheenafilip15
    Options
    On my phone I use Runtastic because it syncs with MFP. But to save my data on my phone, I have a nike+ sensor ($20) and an attachment so i can hook it to my shoe laces of my running shoes (brooks not nike). then i can just run with my itouch and the nike+ app on there will sync with my sensor and track my distance/calories/avg pace/time/etc. Working great.
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies I will try a new one out :)
  • liawilderman
    Options
    I use the Zombies, Run app. It lets me use my own music and gives me a story line to keep me motivated. It also gives you updates and your progress online.
    http://zombiesrungame.com/
    That is the website.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Runtastic Pro - I got it free when the App store had it on offer. I find the GPS in it to be more accurate than Map My Run and the interface more user friendly.
  • fitmelinda7
    fitmelinda7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love RunKeeper
    The hubs likes Cardio Trainer
  • strawberriekt24
    strawberriekt24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I really like Endomondo, but I'm also liking RunDouble with its different options for runs (C25k, Five to 10k, Fun runs, etc) and the ability to use the playlist on my phone.

ETA: I don't run a lot so I haven't played extensively with RunDouble. Endomondo's great for tracking walks though :)
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Runtastic, for sure! It offers some great tools. However, if you want a really fun app you should try Zombie Run :)http://bodren.com/zrun.html
  • MelissaVoci
    MelissaVoci Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to try the zombie one :)
  • mcb1987
    mcb1987 Posts: 1
    Options
    runkeeper for me!!
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I use Run Keeper, but I'm always open to new, better, solutions.
  • Pinkkfrost
    Pinkkfrost Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • WoWkat
    WoWkat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I use the Nike + Running app.. apparently it gets no love
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper it works really well now with consistent gps signal even with my iphone in my pocket when it is raining. Varies a bit with my garmin forerunner but still useful. I like the ability to set play lists and get audio prompts when running pretty consistent counting calories too.
  • valoryr22
    Options
    I LOVE Nike Running App. It is a great tool. Also, it helps when you have friends you compete with running. :) Good luck!:smile::smile:
  • Guillotined
    Guillotined Posts: 115
    Options
    Sheesh, i feel so outdated using strava :sad:

I just use it because i have to one up the other runners in my area, and I love the trophy system.