Clothing Exchange

2»

Replies

• Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    I have given17 bags of clothing away to the kidney foundation so my closet is a little naked now. I cant keep up with the weight being lost so rapidly. So this would be a great idea since I am working on my next set... i live in Charlotte NC. I went from 22 to 13/14 and i starting on my second drop down. Lets put our minds together. it looks like it would have to be according to area but maybe we can do it all on the same day and come back on and discuss our great findings????:love:

That is....just a lot of clothes lol. Congrats on your loss, you look fabulous!
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    I came up with a great idea and plan. With everyone's input from the replies I built a website for all of us who want to swap clothes! The only issue I am coming across is shipping and payment.

This is what I came up with:
    1. Everyone interested in swapping, send me your items (via flat rate box)
    2. I take pictures, categorize and post everything for all to see
    3. You all pick and choose what you would like, send me the $ for shipping via paypal and I send it out to you...I guess I'm like the middle man.
    4. I was thinking to add $1 to each item for my postal run, website update, ironing of clothes,supplies, etc. Does this seem fair? I don't want any $$ out of it...just to help make things easier but I don't want to pay out of my pocket at the same time. I don't want people thinking I'm out to rip them off or make $ off them.
    5. Not sure if I can post the link on here because I'm not sure if it's considered advertising. It is part of my own personal blog so I'm not sure.

I would LOVE to get this started. I personally enjoy blogging and clothes and MFP so all these put together is great for me. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Christy
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 18
    Awesome! bump for me too - will see what I can find in the closet/trunk and post later.
    Thanks for the ideas and the topic post!!!!
  • coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 116 Member
    I have been fretting over what in the heck am I going to do when I run out of sizes (currently have 3 sizes in my closet, but I am a bigger gal!). Most of my work/dressy clothes do not have belt loops....and I wasn't sure I could part with them for free (since I paid so much for them!!)...Great idea! Thanks!!!!!!!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    I am totally down with this. Here is what I have right now (and this is pre-cleaning out my closet):

Size 20 - 7 denim jeans, 1 denim capri, 2 khaki capris, 1 tan courderoy pants
    Size 14/16 - 2 sleeveless shirts
    Size XL - 4 short sleeved vneck shirts, 2 three-quarter sleeved shirts
    Size 22W- 1 sleeveless shirt
    Size 3XL- 1 long sleeved sweater, 1 short sleeved shirt
    Size 18/20- 1 sleeveless shirt, 7 short sleeved shirts, 2 long sleeved sweaters
    Size 2XL- 1 sleeveless shirt, 6 short sleeved shirts, 1 long sleeved shirt, 1 long sleeved sweater
    Size 22/24- 11 short sleeved shirts, 3 long sleeved shirts

I do have pics of everything. If someone wants any of it, all I would ask for is the cost of shipping it. Most of the stuff is from either lane bryant or old navy.

I am looking for size 16 pants (I will be fitting stylishly into very soon) and XL tops.
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    bump
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    bump

Perhaps add a section here for posting what we have available and then people can contact that person directly? Someone wrote about flat rate shipping. I think in the US its 7.50 for a flat rate box.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    we did this on another website message board. Each person posted what they had or needed, and it was all handled through PM directly, person to person. No middleman. The postage was worked out between the two exchangers. It worked really well.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    :happy: bump:happy:
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Has anyone swapped on here since the post started? I was thinking if we had all the pics on one central location it'd be alot easier to look at everything instead of just a brief description with words.

My site is just about done, if anyone is interested I can PM them the address...check it out and let me know if it's something MFP friends can use for a "central swap station."

Thanks!
    Christy
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    OMG! I could set up a few of you for a while just from my closet alone! I'll see if I can get in there & work out the different sizes this weekend. I know I have 16's & 14's that I "shrunk" out of! :bigsmile:

I'm in need of 12's & very soon to be 10's (a little too tight right this very moment).
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    i need summer clothes

i wear a 24-26 bottom and 2X-3X top (which I HOPE TO BE OUT OF SOOOOOOOON), but for now that is what we're gonna go with..
  • bump for me too!

Not that I have much business clothes.

My office is business casual but I have lots of things hanging around I don't wear.
  • bump for me too!

Not that I have much business clothes.

My office is business casual but I have lots of thins hanging around I don't wear.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    If you put pictures of everything on photobucket we can all see stuff each other wants. If we find others in the same area of us that would be even better to avoid shipping.

Here is my list of clothes I put up for sale on Craigs List but of course I am open to trades.

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q18/heathersimpleh/Super Sale/

* All SOLD items are markeked.

I am a size medium/7 if others have clothes to trade.

Sorry, I don’t really have many bigger sizes to give away. I did have some suits from 6+ years ago size 9/11 but finally gave them to my sister this year.

***** PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE if there is something of mine you like as I may not be back into this particular forum very often. Thanks!
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    I don't really have that much to give away since I have recently yard saled a bunch of stuff, but I could use some new things and would love get them for shipping!!

I am in need of size Large tops and size 14 or 16 pants and capris - Casual or casual dress - I'm a teacher so I don't usually get too dressed up except for a special occasion.

Message me if you have anything in my new size :)
  • sgmitchem
    sgmitchem Posts: 16 Member
    This is a wonderful idea... I have stuff and need stuff... Let me know where to post and I will.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    I'm going to have a whole bunch of 12s soon and need 10s..
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Not sure if anyone is still doing this but I need size 18 or 20 work (casual office) slacks, capris and xl tops.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    This is a really, really great idea. Maybe we could set up a free forum just for this? There are a ton of sites to do this. We could separate the forum into topics- for example, "Giving Size 20-24," "Giving Size 14-18" etc. etc. etc. Then people can create their own topic, list what they have to give and pictures if they want, and others can reply to the thread if they are interested. The threads can be updated by the original poster so everyone can see what is gone or what remains. The individuals can work out posting and there is no need for a "middle man" or anything like that. What do you guys think?

I really think the idea of clothes swapping through this site is brilliant. I currently have a bag of shirts and pants to give away, mostly size 16 and 18. Some of the shirts are brand new, never worn, and others have only been worn once or twice. And I'm looking for some size 14 clothes myself. If anyone is interested in my clothes, feel free to message me!

If you guys would be up for making our own site/forum, I don't mind doing it; I don't think it is that difficult. Then we can just direct everybody there! Thoughts??
This discussion has been closed.