What foods should I eat when running?

Options
I need to eat foods that will help me run longer without making me gain ANY weight.

Replies

• RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Gosh, first time poster... when you find that magic food let me know! We'll go into business together and make a million!

*grins*

There are no shortcuts.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Did you mean, what should you eat before you go running so that you have more energy? I just started c2k and I eat fruit before and that helps me and doesn't make me gain weight.
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    if you ment what to eat before I do a piece of toast with TBS of peanut butter and half banana 1hr before I go.It keeps me going good for a 6mile run. And drink enough water before and after
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    if you ment what to eat before I do a piece of toast with TBS of peanut butter and half banana 1hr before I go.It keeps me going good for a 6mile run. And drink enough water before and after

I'm going to try that. I'm new to running.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    how long of a run are we talking about? For more than an hour?
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I think the peanut butter and toast reply is good or a small granola bar/protein bar. I also at times will have a Greek Yogurt :)
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Cup of oatmeal.
  • ctroxell2004
    Options
    Greek yogurt-is THE BOMB. I think in time it will be considered the "Magic Food" LOL.

And let me tell you-no brand compares to Chobani in my opinion!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I need to eat foods that will help me run longer without making me gain ANY weight.

the only thing that allows you to run longer is stronger muscles and better cardiovascular endurance. most of that is achieved by running a lot. just eat a nutritious diet where your macro and micronutritional needs are met, train hard, and the results will follow.
  • valoryr22
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am a good runner but, I tend to forget about eating right when I run. I am trying to go for lean muscle and ab's. It's been about 6 months since I've seen my ab outline! I run usually about 4-5x a week and my long runs are for 10miles.