Lifting progress pic

Options
Not much movement on the scale for me in the past few months. But, I have been lifting and I love what it is doing for my arms, shoulders and back. I finally took some pics last night and the comparison with last summer really surprised me.

Biceps_zps147800b2.jpg

20130326_back2Small_zpsd955d827.jpg

Between these 2 pics I did 30 Day Shred (30DS), Stage One of New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROLFW), Ripped in 30 (RI30) and I am currently in week 6 of stronglifts 5x5 (SL5x5). The lifting has really been what has changed my arms the most.
FWIW, I am 5'6" and over 40.

Replies

• travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress…what a difference in definition!!

Hoping to start lifting soon myself! Good to see others' success with it!!!
  • hypnoticdark
    Options
    Wow! Very impressive! Keep up the good work!
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    WOW that is great progress! With results like this, who needs a scale??!! Congratulations and keep it up - its working!!!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results!
  • shanfat
    shanfat Posts: 3
    Options
    Inspirational! Thank you for the encouragement.
  • kmakar
    kmakar Posts: 103
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am very excited for summer to come so I can show off my new arms!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    You look great!! This inspires me! Thank you for posting
  • Clarissia_Nicole
    Clarissia_Nicole Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    nice!!! i also did ripped in 30 and my arms/traps/shoulders/ whole upper body looks the best it ever did. great work!
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Very nice results! Can I ask what kind of cardio you're doing/how much in addition to SL 5x5? I'm currently beginning week 3 :)
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I love lifting, congrats on your body changes
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    amazing! i love lifting
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!!!
  • kmakar
    kmakar Posts: 103
    Options
    Very nice results! Can I ask what kind of cardio you're doing/how much in addition to SL 5x5? I'm currently beginning week 3 :)
    I lift 3-4 times a week and the other days i use an ellitptical or run outside for 30-40 mins. If I do cardio on a lift day, it is 20 mins or less on the elliptical after I lift. I workout an average of 5 days out of every 7.
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You look great, and thanks for sharing that you're over 40...I am, too, Weights (muscles) are the most awesome thing! :smile:
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    This is a great post - what a wonderful demonstration of the difference it makes when you lose a relatively small amount of weight (actually 14 lbs in my book is signficant!) while lifting. The definition after a few months is very impressive)
  • ZRx4
    ZRx4 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I too just started stronglifts. I love it so far! Tho I only just finished my first week. We have similar stats too. Only I'm almost 33. You have amazing arms! I hope to achieve that as well
  • flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Lookin good - well done. I'm nearer 50 and luvn doing weights
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Impressive difference! Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!