Let's talk ZUMBA!!

Options

Replies

• CodieBear1
    CodieBear1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've heard Zumba is an awesome workout and it's insanely fun! I'm going to my first class tonight, I cannot wait! Wish me luck :DDD
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Zumba is AMAZING ! I have the dvd's and have taken classes. I like the DVD's a bit more because they have a toning DVD (Senato I think). THere also is an express Zumba and of course the hour long DVD which I love. You are working out but you don't really think you are working out. Just feels like dancing ! I would look on Ebay or Amazon. I believe they are a bit cheaper.
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA ADDICT! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!
  • gvdoliver
    gvdoliver Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've done it and loved it! Made a fool out of myself and all anybody there cared about was that I was giving it a go - will be doing it again very soon in an aid to get my partner back on the fitness track
  • shirdiana
    shirdiana Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I got the Zumba set for Christmas, I love it! I am still only on about 2 of the dvd's, but it makes you have a lot more energy, when I do it that is! I am glad you mentioned it, I am going to start it up again today. How many calories do you burn? Does anyone know, so I can add it to my exercise list.
  • Redskins76
    Options
    My wife is an instructor and I use to think that Zumba was boring for a guy to do. Lets just say one day I took my wife(Sandra King) class one day and I burned tons of calories while having plenty of fun!! Remember you only get what you put into it. I had a great time! Go Zumba!
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I started January 2nd and was doing between 4-5 classes a week from up to 3 different instructors. It was pay as you go so it was costing me a fortune. I joined a gym and they offer a variety of classes but not Zumba every day. I like the variety but only get to do Zumba once a week. They are adding Zumba classes next month so I'm looking forward to it. Its a lot of fun! It does depend on the instructor as to how "aerobic" it is. I have had all different types(a total of 7-8 different instructors as sometimes there is a sub). I had to give up running a few years ago due to bad knees so I do have to be careful with my knees. I did do something to aggravate them when I first started and had to ice them, wear braces, and be more careful after that. Now, I don't do some of the moves but can handle most of it! It is so much fun!
  • Mrsdpitts
    Mrsdpitts Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Zumba is GREAT and the results are quick!!!! Go for it! It was on QVC this morning.... the DVDs and Youtube are cheaper routes
  • tjfrisque
    tjfrisque Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I do zumba 2 or 3 times a week and wear an hrm. I usually will burn about 550 calories in an hour.
  • Emmalou202620
    Options
    i use to go to zumba classes nearly every day lol veryy addictive but u can bur a lot of calories in a one hour sesh x
  • andreafischer1982
    andreafischer1982 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have bad knees (injuries) and just saw a Zumba Gold dvd collection on QVC this morning..........I'm tempted to buy it because I think it's less intense and I could probably do it............wondering now if my library has any of those..........

think it is a good idea and i ware knee bandages because i have some troubles with my knees too from time to time
  • andreafischer1982
    andreafischer1982 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have bad knees (injuries) and just saw a Zumba Gold dvd collection on QVC this morning..........I'm tempted to buy it because I think it's less intense and I could probably do it............wondering now if my library has any of those..........

think it is a good idea and i ware knee bandages because i have some troubles with my knees too from time to time

oh and i also use dance sneakers so it is easier for the knees too to turn around quickly
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Just started a few weeks ago to a actual class (never have done a video), and really enjoying it! It is quite the workout for the full hour.
  • andyswoman
    andyswoman Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks so much, everyone, for your awesome input! Keep it coming! :flowerforyou:
  • ladylocker
    ladylocker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Check out the ReFit Revolution ladies on Youtube. They have a number of songs & playlists. You'll love them!
  • alycat1990
    alycat1990 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love zumba! I try to do the classes offered at my gym once a week - sometimes I dont get to do Zumba at the gym because my work schedule clashes with some of the class times. I am strongly considering purchasing the dvd package.

also - when I hit my plateaus (I have hit 2 so far during my weight loss journey) I broke it with Zumba!!!!!!! I find that because zumba works so many other muscles and has so many different moves that it spices up that work-out routine - we are creatures of habit, and Zumba definatly has some unexpected variety.

However, in my opinion I don't feel that Zumba is enough for a work-out routine - remember heavy weight lifting is important too :) - but as far as cardio goes, I totally think its amazing.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    I have tried this once.i couldn't do all the great moves .didn't feel the burn..

if you can move like the instructor or get close to it you will burn a lot of calories .(she was covered in sweat.)
  • leahshepherd
    leahshepherd Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do classes and I friggen love them. I have never met so many people who have lost a bucket load of weight than people at zumba classes. I think you need a good high energy instructor. Some of them are less good than others and you really don't feel like you did anything with your body.

I have been doing them 3 times a week for 6 months now... and I have lost weight and (somehow?) managed to get some muscle definition in my legs!
  • leahshepherd
    leahshepherd Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I also broke my plateu at zumba!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA lover here too! I got the DVD set before Christmas and love it! My favorite DVD is "Rush". Its a 20 minute workout and the music is great! Its amazing how much you can sweat in just 20 minutes! I actually find myself smiling and singing as I am doing it! Its awesome! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!